Windows just updated, now i have problems.

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by JasonB7, Oct 9, 2018.

1. JasonB7

JasonB7 Bit poster

Well, my Parallels went from locking up everyday, unless I logged out when inactive, to kicking me out every 10 mins. Noticed my Outlook and Excel buttons look a little different because of an update, then my problems started. Any idea? I updated to 14 but no change. This is getting very frustrating. If I did not need it for work, I would not be using Parallels. I am using Windows 10, MacOS High Sierra.

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @JasonB7 , please help us with the screenshots explaining the issue. We will check and help you out.

3. JasonB7

JasonB7 Bit poster

Thats the interesting thing. I don't think screen shots will show you anything. I start Parallels in coherence mode, open Outlook and start working. If I remain idle for approx. 5 mins. it just kicks me off. There is nothing on the screen to say, why it did it. I was having trouble with Parallels before this update, it completely locking up if it remained idle for any length of time. I would have to force quit, restart my iMac, and open everything back up but it never had anything on the screen say there was any error, etc.

4. JasonB7

JasonB7 Bit poster

Well, I spoke too soon. Here is what I got just now. I can tell the first screen shot is from the Windows side. After this happens, the Parallels Desktop icon appears on my dock bar. I can click on it, sign into Windows and start everything back up. If I remain idle (have to go answer the front door), when I come back, everyone is off and the Desktop icon is back up in my dock bar. So far, if I stay busy in Outlook, it does not kick me off.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  5. JasonB7

JasonB7 Bit poster

I did a quick check. I wanted to see if a specific program was causing a problem, it's not. It kicks me off with just Windows running, so the problem is not being caused by Outlook or Excel apps. I will wait for a response but I may end up uninstalling/reinstall.

6. JasonB7

JasonB7 Bit poster

Looks like this may be a Registry Error thru Windows, lovely!!! Not sure how to trouble shoot on a virtual machine.

7. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @JasonB7 , please try Actions > Snapshot. Go to Applications > Uninstall Parallels Tools and try Actions > Install Parallels Tools and check if that works.

8. Orpha107G

Orpha107G Bit poster

I'm also facing the issue, please help me to resolve this issue.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018