Marc Hoffman
Member
I would like to suggest an addition to the Parallels Toolbox. What would be very useful is a macOS activity monitor utility similar to Windows' "Resource Monitor." Windows Resource Monitor allows a user to no only inspect what is using resource on the system (e.g., disk activity), but it also allows for refinement for drilling down to see what processes are using what resources.
For example:
Let's say that disk activity is elevated. With the current macOS Activity Monitor, I can't see what process(es) is monopolizing the disk. I can't even pull up delta disk activity. If we had something like Activity Monitor, I could not only see what process was using the disk, I could actually click the process to filter out all other processes. I could also tell what file or files the process was touching on the disk.
For example:
Let's say that disk activity is elevated. With the current macOS Activity Monitor, I can't see what process(es) is monopolizing the disk. I can't even pull up delta disk activity. If we had something like Activity Monitor, I could not only see what process was using the disk, I could actually click the process to filter out all other processes. I could also tell what file or files the process was touching on the disk.