Windows Server 2016 Essentials Configuration fails @ 39%

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ChristianF6, Jan 10, 2018.

1. ChristianF6

ChristianF6 Bit poster

Dear Forum,

I am quite desperate because of my problems to install Windows Server 2016 Essential on PARALLELS 13.
    I tried different iso images & hardware but the fault remains always the same: Windows Configuration fails @ 39%.
    I found already some other postings but it seems to be PARALLELS related because all possible faults discussed in other threads to not apply to my situation (relevant services is running).

Could anybody give me a hint how to fix it?

br, Christian

2. ChristianF6

ChristianF6 Bit poster

*** solved ***
    I was misleaded to think that my problem was caused by Parallels due to some information in another thread.
    The reason for sticking @ 39% was that by default the local administrator account is not set to "mandatory password". After doing this and setting the AD-environment by using the server-manager everything is fin now.
    Moderator, please close the posting.

br, Christian

3. HeinzT

HeinzT Bit poster

Hi ! Christian!
    Can you pleas specify what you did after you got stuck in the installation. When I trie to edit AD users and Computers or the GP do change the password settings i'm not allowed, because the domain is not set up. Password Policy on the setup account is set to mandatory - it stucks nevertheless... Thank you in advance!

4. BenT3

BenT3 Bit poster

I ran into the same problem. In order to get the domain setup I went into powershell (run as administrator) and ran "net user username /reqpassword:yes" for all admin accounts where "username" = the name of the account. From there I was able to run AD and add a new forest which properly configured the domain.