WINDOWS SERVER 2019

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by EnesE, Nov 3, 2023.

1. EnesE

EnesE Bit poster

Hi Guys;
    I need to help for install Parallels Desktop Windows Server 2019 how can install can someone help me
    Thanks a lot.

2. Avinash Bundhoo

Avinash Bundhoo Staff Member

Best Answer
    Hello,

The Apple Silicon chip has an ARM architecture (unlike the x86/x64 architecture typical of classic desktop processors).
    In a virtual machine on a Mac with an M1 chip, it is currently possible to run only Window ARM -- the Windows version for processors with ARM architecture (for example, it is used on devices with mobile chips like Microsoft Surface Pro X). And indeed, despite the built-in compatibility layer that allows you to run x86/x64 applications on Windows ARM, some applications, or drivers do not work.

To have more information about compatible Operating systems for APple Silicon machines, please go to the link https://kb.parallels.com/124223

Thanks

EnesE likes this.
  3. EnesE

EnesE Bit poster

when I am try to create new virtual machine this error comes my screen
    Screenshot at Nov 03 17-27-00.png

4. Avinash Bundhoo

Avinash Bundhoo Staff Member

Best Answer
    Hello,

The Apple Silicon chip has an ARM architecture (unlike the x86/x64 architecture typical of classic desktop processors).
    In a virtual machine on a Mac with an M1 chip, it is currently possible to run only Window ARM -- the Windows version for processors with ARM architecture (for example, it is used on devices with mobile chips like Microsoft Surface Pro X). And indeed, despite the built-in compatibility layer that allows you to run x86/x64 applications on Windows ARM, some applications, or drivers do not work.

To have more information about compatible Operating systems for APple Silicon machines, please go to the link https://kb.parallels.com/124223

Thanks

EnesE likes this.