Windows Start Button ONLY?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Aussiedee, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Aussiedee

Aussiedee Bit poster

Ok this may sound weird or perhaps not....

A while back I was doing something on my mac (windows task bar showing at the bottom), and I must have hit some sort of sequence or command and then next thing I knew the windows task bar had disappeared but the little windows start button was still showing in the bottom left hand corner only.... I thought... COOL!! I like this! But I have no idea what I did to get that to happen. Was this just a fluke thing or can I really have just the little round button on the bottom left instead of the whole entire task bar?

Since, I haven't been able to figure it out or fluke it again, and I can't find anything in preferences about it or wouldn't know what it's called.

Any help?

I have Windows 7 and Parallels 8. Thanks!!

2. YanaYana

YanaYana

you will find a little parallels icon in the top bar ||
    click it and open Start menu form there

3. Aussiedee

Aussiedee Bit poster

I already knew that.... that's not what I'm saying or asking about.

I want the Windows start button ONLY on the bottom left hand corner withOUT the task bar attached. It happened once by some weird thing I did but can't replicate it. Just thought it could be done.

It was like the little round windows start button was just floating in the corner.

4. YanaYana

YanaYana

No, it is not possible. However you can replace Parallels Icon in Dock with Windows start button. In VM Configure --> Options ---> Coherence disable Cristal

5. sanjeetk

sanjeetk Bit poster

Hi dear,

You can see a little parallels icon in the top bar click on it and open Start menu easily

6. alev

alev Parallels Team

Hi Aussiedee,

You can:
    1) Use right click on || icon in a menubar
    2) Enable Windows Taskbar by click || and press Alt, then select "Show Windows Taskbar"
    3) Use Windows Start menu analog - in the Dock there is a folder near the Trash named "Windows 7 applications" in your case

If the folder is not shown - make sure that you have enabled "Show Windows applications folder in Dock" in the virtual machine Configuration - Options - Applications tab.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012