Windows Task Bar Flashes

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by JayM, Dec 24, 2009.

1. First Last

First Last Bit poster

Parallels Team:

Has there been any progress on this issue. It is really annoying having the Windows taskbar flash on and off every minute or so. It really detracts from usability when I lose focus of the app I'm working in. I've tried all the tricks of turning on/off auto-hide, not bringing notifications to the front, etc. Some of these settings only temporarily fix it until the next reboot/mode change.

Thanks for your consideration!

2. BenjiK

BenjiK Bit poster

I, too, have been incredibly frustrated by this issue. The taskbar flashes, and seizes 'forefront status' over whatever I'm working on. So, in other words, any open Windows application at the time of the flash comes front and center, forcing me to click back to whatever Mac Application I was working on.

I, too, am running Windows 7, 64 bit, with Parallels 5, and it only happened after the last software update.

Thanks!

3. Dennis Crane

Dennis Crane Bit poster

Similar issue, but entire screen flashes

Win7 VM on Parallels 5 Mac SL
    Similar issue, but in my case the entire screen flashes, once or twice on a random basis, every minute or two. Also, the Win7 waiting donut spins, as it might with an autosave. Distracting to say the least, particularly when typing. Most common with Office 2003 application. Occurs in Window View, as well as Coherence. (I seldom use Chrystal)

4. java

java Member

think I might know how to fix this ... go to Crystal mode, <ALT> <left click> the || icon top right of the screen, select <View> and choose <Hide Task Bar> ... make sure <Show Windows system ...> is enabled in configuration