windows xp sp2

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by ghostbuster, Oct 20, 2009.

1. ghostbuster

ghostbuster Guest

hello everyone,

i have been reading previous threads regarding using 2x application server on windows xp sp2. the prevailing consensus was that this was not possible since windows xp sp2 is not a terminal server, correct?

just wondering if anyone was able to make that work, it seems xp sp2 can be used as terminal server if hacked correctly. in the future i plan to run 2x on a server edition of windows, but this is just for testing purposes.

does anyone see any issues in this? i would like to have one xp machine as the server and another xp machine as the client. however, both machines are in a domain.

any feedback is appreciated

2. davidsaliba

davidsaliba Guest

Please do not post information on hacking MS products on this forum. I am sure there's heaps enough out there.
    Just because somethings are possible it does not make them legal.

Thanks

3. ghostbuster

ghostbuster Guest

sure thing, though it was never intended to circumvent any of MS's "designs". unless the idea is to buy windows server 2003 to run a simple test.

at any rate, i was fortuante enough to have a copy of windwos 2003 server handy.

4. davidsaliba

davidsaliba Guest

Thanks for understanding , you can do many tests for connections with XP using one user, to set things up, as interim windows lets you work for short periods without activation, even for TSes. So proof of concepts are possible.