Just upgraded to PD 5.0--flawless. Thanks for that!
I am not clear on what memory allocation should be. I have PD set for 4096 MB RAM in my XP VM. My Mac has a total of 6 GB.
In XP, when I right click My Computer, it says I have 2.75 GB RAM.
When I open XP's System Information, it says I have 4096 MB RAM Physical Memory but only 2.2 GB physical memory.
When I open TAsk Manager, it says I have 2883 MB (2.75 GB, right?) total physical memory with a system cache of 1223 MB.
What do I need to do to get more of the physical memory available in my XP VM?
If it makes a difference, I do have a boot camp partition and my VM is "My Boot Camp." Is the problem a Boot Camp setting? For some reason, I can no longer boot into Boot Camp. After the selection of Boot Camp, my mouse and keyboard go dead and the screen freezes at the Windows log in screen.
I am not clear on what memory allocation should be. I have PD set for 4096 MB RAM in my XP VM. My Mac has a total of 6 GB.
In XP, when I right click My Computer, it says I have 2.75 GB RAM.
When I open XP's System Information, it says I have 4096 MB RAM Physical Memory but only 2.2 GB physical memory.
When I open TAsk Manager, it says I have 2883 MB (2.75 GB, right?) total physical memory with a system cache of 1223 MB.
What do I need to do to get more of the physical memory available in my XP VM?
If it makes a difference, I do have a boot camp partition and my VM is "My Boot Camp." Is the problem a Boot Camp setting? For some reason, I can no longer boot into Boot Camp. After the selection of Boot Camp, my mouse and keyboard go dead and the screen freezes at the Windows log in screen.