Worddoc hidden when opened as Attachment from Outlook

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by r.cohen, Dec 10, 2010.

1. r.cohen

r.cohen Guest

One of my 2X customers has this new problem when opening a Word attachment from Outlook. (I know, it is not wise to open and edit Word docs directly from Outlook, but my users don't care)

When a user opens Word 2007 docs from within Outlook 2007 the doc is openend but is moved/pushed to the 2X background. I do see the doc in the task bar, but there is no way to move the doc to the front. Only thing that is left is to close the doc.

I have pinpointed the cause of this problem: Word 2007 docs are by default openened in "Full Screen Reading View". See link below. http://www.uwec.edu/help/Word07/readattach.htm

I solved the problem by disabling this option through a Word2007 policy, but when users decide to start Word 2007 and move to <view> <full screen reading> they will experience the same behavior.

Only thing I can remeber that has changed lately is the version of the 2X application server. Customer moved from version 7.x to 8.1 rev. 930 a couple of weeks ago. The 2X client has not changed since.

Can anyone from 2X verify that this is a common problem?

2. froffel

froffel Guest

We have the same problem ,we use version 8.1 build 930 i also use this quick fix, when a customer experience this behavior press the [esc] button and voila the document is back.

But i rather have a permanent fix