Wrong behaviour selecting multiple non-contiguous items in windows

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Paul_Freedman, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Paul_Freedman

Paul_Freedman Bit poster

Hi,

Since upgrading to Parallels Desktop 10 i've found something not quite working right when selecting multiple items, e.g. files form explorer or emails from outlook. I'm running Yosemite on the mac (mac-book pro from spring 2013) and using Parallels to get to my bootcamp Windows 8.1 partition. if I,say, load up Windows Explorer and want to select multiple files that aren't right next to each other in the list, normally I'd press Ctrl and then select whichever files and the files i've selected highlight. that works if I keep my finger on ctrl while i'm selecting but if i take my finger off the Ctrl key and then press it again to select another file, i lose all the other selections. that worked fine in the previous version.

I've also found that i actually have to click twice before it realises I want to do a multiple selection. that's whether I'm using ctrl or shift to select multiple files. the first time i click on two items after holding down ctrl or shift doesn't multi-select them. i have to click a third item before it starts multi-selecting.

If anyone can shed any light on this I'd be very grateful as it gets really annoying at times!

Paul

2. jlp

jlp Bit poster

I am seeing this as well. Did you find a solution?

3. Paul_Freedman

Paul_Freedman Bit poster

4. jlp

jlp Bit poster

This seems like it could be related to my other issue: https://forum.parallels.com/threads/ctrl-c-issue.328090/ and I'm wondering if this isn't Windows 8.1 specific. Ubuntu 12.04LTS, Windows XP SP3, and Windows 10 Tech Preview Build 10041 VMs on the same machine don't exhibit this issue.

5. jlp

jlp Bit poster

correction: Ubuntu 14.04LTS

6. Thijs1

Thijs1 Bit poster

Accidentally I found out that you can use the RIGHT option key on the Mac keyboard to multiple select items in Windows10. So right option-click works for me. Not perfect but ok...