Wysiwyg and open GL

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by JariV2, Oct 31, 2020.

1. JariV2

JariV2 Bit poster

hi there!
    You can see above the answer from Cast software when I asked about the problems with using Paralleles with wysiwyg. Has there been any progress with that problem or do I have to continue using Parallels 15? Do I have to chance bootcamp instead of parallels?

Cast Software:
    "In Parallels 16 (released August 11, 2020), OpenGL 3.3 is enabled for all VMs (and an option for it to be changed ("lowered") by the user is not available). While this would normally be great news (because visualization that was not possible in the past should now be possible) we've discovered that several OpenGL extensions (functions) that are required by wysiwyg are not actually enabled in Parallels. The result of this is Shaded View issues which may make it impossible to correctly render all effects. We are currently investigating and hope to find a solution to this issue soon.

Workaround: Until OpenGL 3.3 support is fully-enabled in Parallels 16, or until Parallels offers a means for the user to set which OpenGL version it should use, the recommended way to use wysiwyg in the Parallels virtual desktop environment, is to roll back to Parallels 15. Alternately, BootCamp may be used - and is a superior choice."