Gary Kellogg
Member
I have a DYMO LabelWriter 400 that is connected to the USB port of an Airport Express on our network. My MacBook Pro recognizes the printer and prints to it successfully. I have set the printer up using Bonjour for Windows on my Parallels 5 XP-SP3 virtual machine. Everything looks fine, except the printer will not print.
The printer is set up to be shared on my MacBook Pro per Bonjour instructions. I have even examined the CUPS administration page on my MacBook and it is clear some kind of communication is getting out of the XP virtual machine and to the host machine. However there is no printing although both the XP machine and the host machine are satisfied that the job printed successfully.
I can get a blank test page to print from the XP virtual machine when I install a generic text only driver and print a test page, but if I use such a driver, then the DYMO label software will not recognize the printer at all. I feel like there is maybe one key setting between Parallels and the host machine I may be missing here.
If anyone has some additional troubleshooting ideas, I would be most thankful. I am really stumped on this one (So close, yet so far).
The printer is set up to be shared on my MacBook Pro per Bonjour instructions. I have even examined the CUPS administration page on my MacBook and it is clear some kind of communication is getting out of the XP virtual machine and to the host machine. However there is no printing although both the XP machine and the host machine are satisfied that the job printed successfully.
I can get a blank test page to print from the XP virtual machine when I install a generic text only driver and print a test page, but if I use such a driver, then the DYMO label software will not recognize the printer at all. I feel like there is maybe one key setting between Parallels and the host machine I may be missing here.
If anyone has some additional troubleshooting ideas, I would be most thankful. I am really stumped on this one (So close, yet so far).
Last edited: