Yet another dead in the water Linux distro

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by Simba Cub, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Simba Cub

Simba Cub Member

Chinnarch, a popular new distro using the same technologies developed under Linux Mint, will not boot or install. This is a great pity as I would have loved to get to grips with it.

So let's recap. Systems that don't work on Parallels now INCLUDE but are not limited to:

Haiku
    Cinnarch
    Manjarco
    Unity Dark
    JoliOS
    PearOS
    Gnome Dark
    Chakra

and a few more I forgot.

Also, I personally find that Ubuntu 12.10 and ElementaryOS Luna Beta are both far slower that I would have liked, despite my giving them fresh installs.

A massive update would be nice ;)

Rich::

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  2. paraNix

paraNix Member

I've only experienced slower Linux (mostly ubuntu & elementary) operations in my FORCED upgrade to PD8, just to get a measly xorg compile to work with the 12.10 drivers. Its VMWARE time for me, as I prepare my testing vms to work on a virtualization app that doesnt charge for simple xorg recompiles and actually allows for 3d accelerated coherence mode(as parallels doesnt, nor has it ever afaik). Even virtualbox can handle some of these tasks for FREE(albeit slower in my experience).

I hope Parallels decides to become more responsive to Linux ASAP, or this may very likely be my last Parallels upgrade.

3. Simba Cub

Simba Cub Member

Added Gnome Dark to the list.

4. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Not all elements on that list are Linux distros.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  5. Simba Cub

Simba Cub Member

I realise that. What I was trying to do is list all the systems that I have tried to install but have failed at. Since the majority of them are Linux based, I posted the topic here :)

Sorry if that was out of line!

6. Simba Cub

Simba Cub Member

Added Chakra to the list.

7. TyroneA

TyroneA Bit poster

I just created a CentOS 6.3 guess and so far it appears OK, but I haven't done much yet. Anyone have any experience with CentOS?

8. richardlx

richardlx Bit poster

are you able to get wireless working under centos? Mine doesn't come up at all under imac