Yosemite Beta 3 and Parallels - Exceeding slow VM's

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by JohnNash, Sep 25, 2014.

1. JohnNash

JohnNash Member

Are you guys aware of any other customers having issues with VERY slow VM's under Yosemite Beta 3? Basically the VM will eat most of the host machines available CPU, but at the same time it's very slow .. (Imagine typing the word HELLO and waiting 1-3 seconds between each character appearing on the screen).

I know this is Beta software we're talking about and I don't actually expect support on Beta software, but I want to make sure you were aware of it and had a chance to look at the issue before release. Otherwise you're product is pretty much useless under Yosemite when it goes gold.

Thanks,

John

2. Compuman

Compuman Bit poster

I completely agree, I paid for version 10 so it was compatible, but it is like a snail. Have reinstalled parallels but makes no difference, also uninstalled Access, again no change. I have reported the problem to apple via the 'Apple Assistant'
    Regards
    Dave

3. Ensoniq

Ensoniq Bit poster

Agreed.

Any response, Parallels? Beuller? Beuller?

4. Argelian

Argelian Member

The upgrade was for Parallels to be used as Yosemite as the host OS and not the Guest. I did manage to get the Beta to install via the USB drive I created...