You need to log on to Windows to complete configuring your virtual machine - error

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by NarasimhaB, Jan 17, 2013.

1. NarasimhaB

NarasimhaB Bit poster

Hi

When I try to setup VM using Boot camp Windows, I get this error from Parallels 8

You need to log on to Windows to ocmplete configuring your virtual machine, Windows shows "Restore" / "Cancel" options...

2. Andrew@Parallels

Andrew@Parallels Parallels Team

Hi NarasimhaB,

Was your BootCamp set up with the BootCamp Assistant?
    What version of Windows is it?
    Does it happen before or after Parallels Tools installation?

3. milagrol

milagrol Bit poster

I have my Windows 8 setup with Bootcamp in my iMac.
    It happens after I do the Migration of PC to my MBP.

4. NeilTagg

NeilTagg Bit poster

I have same issue: I setup Windows 8 using Bootcamp assistant. Then installed trial Parallels 8. Then tried to get Parallels to create a VM based on Bootcamp. It runs some 'Upgrading Bootcamp partition' progress bar, then tries to boot into the partition & fails with same error as you get, and a DOS screen in the background saying "Trying to boot from SATA drive 1"

I have tried changing the SATA drive to partition 4. I have also tried creating a new VM from disk, then selecting the Bootcamp partition from the picklist. Same error.

9 days left on my trial, so if it's not resolved I'll ditch it for the competitor.

5. KristoferN

KristoferN Bit poster

Why hasn't anyone gotten back with an answer? I have the same problem on late 2013 macbook pro 15", mavericks and windows 8.1. Upgrading, then parallels hangs to 'You need to log in to Windows to complete configuring your virtual machine.' message and boots me to a shell prompt.

Please Parallels team - help?