Your product license has reached the activation limit

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by HansolL, Oct 3, 2017.

1. HansolL

HansolL Bit poster

Hello,
    I changed my Macbook and I want to use Parallels on new macbook.
    But I get this message "Your Product license has reached the activation limit"
    I want to deactivate my parallels 11 license. please help.

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @HansolL , we have made the necessary changes, please try to activate now and check.

HansolL likes this.
  3. HansolL

HansolL Bit poster

Thank you for your help :) Problem solved !!

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are happy to hear that the issue is resolved. Feel free to reach us anytime for support.

5. jgg

jgg Bit poster

I'm having the same problem. My MacBook pro failed due to a hardware problem. I was not able to deactivate the license on that computer before it failed. I transferred the disk to another MacBook pro and now I also get the message "Your Product license has reached the activation limit." How can I fix this?

6. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Hello jgg, we have made the necessary changes, please try to activate now and check. Thanks!

7. jgg

jgg Bit poster

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'd spent most of the day trying to fix this problem with reinstalls, and via the prlsrvctl command with no success. Everything seems to be working now. :)

8. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are happy to hear that. If you have any questions, reach us anytime for support.

9. GregB5

GregB5 Bit poster

Ditto for me. I changed computers and would like to deactivate any old activations so I can use it on my new Mac. Can you reset my account so I can use it on my new computer?

10. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Hello GregB5, please check your private message and provide us with the necessary details. Thanks!

11. GregB5

GregB5 Bit poster

That worked. Does the business version entitle you to 2 machines? Here's why I ask that question:

1) installed Parallels with a new license on a Mac in April 2017.
    2) handed in my Mac in Nov 2017 to be wiped, and got a new one. Re-installed all SW by hand. I was able to use the same Parallels license number for this one.
    3) Dec 2017 I swapped my Mac for one with a bigger SSD. I copied it using migration Assistant. When I ran Parallels it asked for the license, but this time said all of them were used up.
    4) Per your suggestion, I just now removed the license from the Mac in step 2. Now I was able to use it for the latest Mac from step 3.

But I never removed the license from the original Mac in step 1. How do I get that one back, if in fact I am entitled to 2? Of course I have no current need of more than 1 anyway...

Thanks for the quick help!

12. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi GregB5,
    Let us know if you are using the Business key registered under "its****@ring.com" email. If it is then the license has 5 hosts limit.

13. JorgeI1

JorgeI1 Bit poster

Hello, im moving my parallels 11 licence to a new mac, i already signed off the old one bue the new one keeps saying i have reached the max umber of activations, please help me!

UPDATE: Meena helped me on facebook meseenger an it worked, Thanks!!

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  14. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

You are welcome. Nice to know that it is sorted out. Please get back to us for any further queries.

15. SimeonK

SimeonK Bit poster

I am trying to install Parallels on my Mac (business edition) and I get this message "Your Product license has reached the activation limit" Please help

16. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have deactivated the computer. You can use the key now. If you have any similar issues, you can log in to your Business account and deactivate the activation.

17. SteveW10

SteveW10 Bit poster

Hello! Can you please deactivate all the computers on my account? I've done some computer shuffling and need to reinstall.

Thank you!

18. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello SteveW10, We have made the necessary changes for the Parallels Desktop license key. kindly try to activate it. If the issue still persists, please execute the following command with Terminal < prlsrvctl activate-license-online >.

19. SteveW10

SteveW10 Bit poster

Success! Thank you so much for the quick turn around!

20. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

You're welcome. Please get back to us for any further queries.