Fedora Core 8 display resolution problem

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by BryanH, Nov 9, 2007.

1. schwartz

schwartz Member

Any news on the screen resolution and fedora 8 issue?

thanks,
    Bill

2. markymarkster

markymarkster Bit poster

Has there been any more progress with this? It appears that the last thread was over a month ago.

M

3. eread

eread Member

Build 5608

Hi guys,

Build 5608 still doesn't seem to support changing display resolutions using the GUI tools in Fedora 8. Has anyone had success with this?

Thanks.

Evan.

4. markymarkster

markymarkster Bit poster

No luck here. At this point I doubt they will ever fix it. Apparently it's not a huge issue for them and lies dormant somewhere at the bottom of the ethereal stack.

5. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

There is temporary solution on forum to install packages from Fedora 7

6. eread

eread Member

I'll give Fedora 7 a go.

I am really just playing around and getting Parallels to stretch its legs. I am in a trial period and will probably buy Parallels rather than Fusion (whose boot camp VM implementation didn't seem as good - though they have a new product out soon). Just trying to see what Parallels will do now and in the future. It'd be great if all current and past iterations of the top Linux distros will work fully featured eventually.

Evan.

7. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

If you are in trial try also Parallels Server, in terms of end-user function it is cut version f upcoming Parallels Desktop version 4, Parallels Tools are working there