Is Parallels taking its' users for granted?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by firesong, Nov 11, 2008.

1. fromans

fromans Member

That's nonsense! You need to give everyone a free upgrade to both Parallels Desktop 4 and Parallels Workstation. I'll keep saying it until you listen. How can you even mention a version 4 of Workstation when you were promising version 3 over 15 months ago?! It still hasn't arrived and meanwhile we're still stuck on the old unstable Parallels 2.2. Are you just taking people's license fees and developing releases for internal use only? If that's not criminal, it should be!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2008
  2. movielad

movielad Member

The thing is - the features were NOT promised. Not that I can find anywhere in the statements. Nonetheless, it is very irresponsible for Parallels to make mention of intended free feature upgrades when the policy suddenly shifts and turns them into a paid upgrade.

M.

3. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

let me clarify
    We do support Parallels Desktop version 3, till Parallels Desktop version 5, and new builds will be published
    to add Linux support, and resolve problems may appear

4. ryanplusplus

ryanplusplus Member

SMP support was promised by Ben as reported here:

http://arstechnica.com/journals/apple.ars/2007/1/11/6582

Linux support (support lagging 6-12 months behind is hardly 'support') and Vista Aero (and hence DX9.0 since it is required by Aero) were promised for 3.0 on their upgrade press release shortly before the release of PD3.0 here:

http://web.archive.org/web/20070705025352/http://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/upgrade

Sure, Ben could have been talking out his ass and there is *technically* Linux support, but there is no way to argue the Aero/DX9.0 support promised on press release available prior to the release of PD3.0 which was all that what was available when many of us pre-ordered.

5. ryanplusplus

ryanplusplus Member

John, what about DX 9.0 support? Will that be added to a later build of PD 3.0?

6. John@Parallels

No, it is limitation of video driver, it will stay on 8.1

7. ryanplusplus

ryanplusplus Member

Then is there a way for me to request a refund for the upgrade price of Parallels 3.0 since this feature is not going to be delivered?

8. John@Parallels

it is not technical question, so you can contact sales

9. ryanplusplus

ryanplusplus Member

Is there a phone number that I can call?

10. fromans

fromans Member

Provide me a number and I'll be glad to call them. I've been looking on your site but it's hidden very well. I've got quite a few issues to bring up, including your inability to deliver on promises made last year.

11. John@Parallels

12. trimegistro

trimegistro Member

I got my version in March and now I how to pay to be upgraded apart from the lack of upgrades and run arounds about how they don't support vista transparencies...very dissapointed.

13. ryanplusplus

ryanplusplus Member

I don't require 'support' per se, I just want to speak to someone on the sales team. Is there not a number that I can call? The last email I sent about this issue was ignored. It has been 19 days.

14. fromans

fromans Member

Don't pull that on us now! I seriously doubt "paid" technical support is going to give me a refund. You said to call sales so give me the number!

15. John@Parallels

Email support is free, and your opinion will be forwarded to management, no problem, you can mention ticket number here, and I will take care personally about that

16. fromans

fromans Member

You're backpedaling now.

I want to contact sales, not technical support. I would appreciate an avenue for doing so, preferably by phone. This is the 3rd time I've asked in the last few minutes.

17. John@Parallels

I can only repeat, please create ticket, and I personally forward it to whatever level you want

18. fromans

fromans Member

Do not tell us to contact sales, and then withdraw it when we call your bluff. I want to contact sales, this is now my 4th request.

19. ryanplusplus

ryanplusplus Member

Ticket Number: 611487

20. John@Parallels

You cannot put requests here, this is a forum,
    We are willing to help each other - only
    No demand
    I suggested you way I can help you