Cannot Connect To The Internet in Vista Running Parallels

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Reggie Byrum, Jul 8, 2009.

1. AlexandraS

AlexandraS Bit poster

Hi,
    I just read throught his thread and seem to have a similar problem - same Parallels Build 4.0.3844 installed on a macbook pro with Snow Leopard. I cannot get the Internet connection to work in Windows.
    Have the shared network checked.
    I do not have any virus protection running on windows yet so I doubt this is blocking me. Can you please help me resolve this?

2. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Please send a problem report using menu of Parallels Desktop Help->Report a Problem and post here the report ID

3. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Please make sure that you have Parallels Tools installed.

If this doesn't help, click Start -> Run and execute cmd.exe. Type in the appeared window command "ipconfig /all". Then, without closing the window, click Parallels Destkop menu "Help"->"Report a Problem", send a problem report (it is not necessary to provide description) and post here the report ID.

4. AlexandraS

AlexandraS Bit poster

tools reinstalled twice

I clicked the "reinstall tools" link and that did not fix the problem. I followed your instructions and have a report problem ID 586530.
    thanks

5. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

There are two issues with the VM:

1) Please follow the steps in http://kb.parallels.com/en/6317

2) Your VM is in Bridged networking mode.. Bridged mode is blocked in some environments. If step 1 doesn't help, then Please switch to Shared and if it doesn't work also, execute "ipconfig /all" and send the problem report again (then post here the ID). Then, in the same "cmd.exe" window, execute command "ping www.google.com" and post here the results of ping.

6. DanZ

DanZ Bit poster

same problem

My internet was working ok but today just stop... here is my id: id 591373

7. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Hi,
    according to the problem report the version you are running - 4.0.3522.205912 - is too old, please upgrade to the newest version.

8. DanZ

DanZ Bit poster

same problem

did the upgrade and same problem id 593334

9. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

According to the logs all is ok with Parallels Desktop..

Please try the following steps:
    click Start and type cmd.exe. There should appear icon "cmd.exe". Right-click on it and choose "Run as adminitstrator".

type in the appeared window command "netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt" (without quotes) and after run is finished, reboot the VM.

if this won't help, create a support-ticket at http://www.parallels.com/support/desktop/request/
    Please provide a detailed description of the problem

10. BernardP

BernardP Bit poster

You are not alone!

I needed this fix to access Live Messenger in OSX 10.6.1 / Parallels 4.0.3848 / Windows 7. It works. Thank you.

----