Have Free Upgrade to 7 Emails been sent ?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by MikeG520, Sep 9, 2011.

?

Have you got your Free upgrade to version 7 key email yet ?

1. yes

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  2. no

27 vote(s)
    93.1%
  1. MikeG520

MikeG520 Bit poster

from this page http://kb.parallels.com/112190

it says you will automatically receive an email from Parallels with your unique upgrade key for Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac within 5 business days of the release of the product on September 6th.

5 days from the release on september 6th will be a sunday are you going to send out all these emails on a sunday ?

I am still waiting for my email and i think everyone else is also

2. Mark1

Mark1 Bit poster

I received a notice when starting Parallels, but as Paypal didnt work with DigitalRiver, I no longer have a promo code. Will an email be sent out giving an upgrade key? I have not received anything yet and do want to make the upgrade.

3. EkapolT

EkapolT Junior Member

Wait for mine too.
    Saturday and Sunday is not the business day. You should wait until Monday or Tuesday.

4. EkapolT

EkapolT Junior Member

Just got my upgrade key yesterday

5. MikeG520

MikeG520 Bit poster

still waiting 5 days later

its been 5 days and still no email with upgrade key time for support chat i guess

6. ClaudioM

ClaudioM Bit poster

When will we receiving our upgrade key to PD7?

7. mikedparallels

mikedparallels Junior Member

No

Have not gotten my upgrade key (4 days) and Support was unable to help other than saying I should wait 7 business days.

8. Jeaz

Jeaz Junior Member

Remember folks that it's business days, not days, meaning you can't count weekends, so it's so far gone 4 business days since launch. And no, I've not gotten my upgrade key yet. Still got 7 days left on PD7 trial though, so I'm in no hurry.

9. MikeG520

MikeG520 Bit poster

same i contacted support yesterday and all they said was wait until 7 days

tomorrow will be 7 days they have one more day before i pick up the phone

10. Newfiebill

Newfiebill Bit poster

7 Days

Actual Business days from release. That means no sooner than Thursday the 15th.

11. JessicaW

JessicaW Banned

As want I learn, the email will be sent within 7 days. Maybe they meant 7 working days [​IMG]

12. mhoutman

mhoutman Bit poster

I am very upset on this. Bought Parallels 6 on Sept. 1 and a day later Parallels 7 was available for download through MacUpdate and Softpedia.

We have to wait 5 working days for our serials after Sept 6. so I definitely hope the serial will arrive today or latest tomorrow. If not I switch back the VMWare, were at least my questions are answered :)

Parallels on Twitter even doesn't respond on my questions and since I am outside the US/Canada I have to wait.

13. ClaudioM

ClaudioM Bit poster

Incredible

One week after the realising of PD7 and i haven't received any key yet! Incredible

14. Dmitriy Kazimirov

Dmitriy Kazimirov Bit poster

don't get my upgrade code too(bought PD6 from Parallels site(got redirected to allsoft from parallels.com to actually pay for it) on 5 Aug). even while upgrade form says 'wait 6 work days from 6 sep'.

starting to getting angry...

15. ikelleigh

ikelleigh Bit poster

I purchased Parallels 6 as a cross-grade from VMWare Fusion in the Parallels store on the 2nd.

Parallels 7 was released exactly one week ago.

I have not received my upgrade key yet.

16. LiudmilaA

LiudmilaA Bit poster

Dear users,

It is said in the Parallels Desktop 6 Tech Guarantee:

"Customers who bought Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac or Parallels Desktop Switch to Mac Edition via the Parallels website starting August 1, 2011 will automatically receive an email from Parallels with their unique upgrade key within 7 business days of the release of the new product. There is no need to request your free-of-charge activation key with the web form via the Parallels website."

Parallels Desktop 7 was oficially released on September 6, 2011. This means 7 business days should be counted from that very date. Please refer to:

http://www.parallels.com/keyfor7/

In case you still have any questions or issues, please contact Parallels Customer Service:

http://www.parallels.com/support/request/

17. JunwenH

JunwenH Bit poster

it is actually very interesting.

when I read this page (http://www.parallels.com/keyfor7 ) on around 06/09/2011, it was actually said the key would be sent out within 5 business days.

18. Jeaz

Jeaz Junior Member

Yeah, I remember that too, but guess they ran into some problems. Guess we'll see by tomorrow if they got it sorted.

19. Newfiebill

Newfiebill Bit poster

Different Software

Hi Everyone,

If I understand it right there are "two" different pieces of software. The "full" version and the "upgrade" version. It could be that they pushed out the "full" version on the 6th. without having the "upgrade" version ready. It's understandable and although not normal in the business, it is acceptable. 7 days grace is not until tomorrow, Thursday the 15th. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see it tomorrow either if this is what was done. The software has to be ready and tested so that it don't crash what we are already using (PD6) which is running fine for me anyway. I would rather wait a few days to get a solid piece of software then to get it with bugs and not be able to use current set up.

20. Jeaz

Jeaz Junior Member

Well, it is an interesting idea, but the current version available at website through trial works perfectly fine with upgrading PD6. I downloaded the trial last week, upgraded my v6 and have been using v7 ever since. Should work the same for anyone else who's in a rush to use 7 :)
    Hopefully I'll get my key soon though, just 5 days left of trial.