VM in a "stopping state"

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Bossone, Feb 12, 2011.

1. ALLANL

ALLANL Bit poster

Where

And where, please, is the "VM list"?

2. ALLANL

ALLANL Bit poster

Incidentally, I am having this issue although I am not using Boot Camp, but only a virtual machine. Any help with this would be appreciated.

3. Stuw

Stuw Parallels Developers

ALLANL,

please describe you problem mode detailed (bootcamp and non-botcamp VMs are differ), send problem report (Help->Report a problem) and post report id.

Thanks.

4. ALLANL

ALLANL Bit poster

Thanks, Stuw. I sent a problem report. The problem id is 12402962. I also made a support request. The support code is 56798-90221.
    Any help will be appreciated; I'm locked out now of things that I would like to be able to get to for budgeting and taxes.
    Allan L.

5. Stuw

ALLANL,

could you please resend a problem report. 12402962 doesn't contain logs and it's marked as statistic report.

Thanks

6. ALLANL

ALLANL Bit poster

Problem Report 12413168 sent

Thank you, Stuw. I sent another problem report, ID number 12413168.
    Allan L.

7. Stuw

Thanks, new report is ok. I will investigate your problem.

Did you try to reboot your host? How often this problem occurs?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  8. DjHack1639

DjHack1639 Bit poster

This fix worked for me. This really should get made into an FAQ or KB article to help others who get into this situation. It took me nearly an hour of searching and troubleshooting to find this thread with the solution. It should also get fixed in a future build to prevent the possibility of this error.

9. YogeshKK

YogeshKK Bit poster

Sorry, I am new to this. I cannot find anything related to VM, neither the config.pvs. I only have a parallels Desktop App.

Please explain where I can find the config.pvs . If I make a search for this there is nothing, so I guess it must be bundled somewhere (and I have to do the show content thing) to find it. But what and where? Please help. I really need to get my windows working again urgently.

Thank you

10. Stuw

YogeshKK,

Make right click on VM in VM list (in Parallels Dektop) and choose "Show in Finder". Then right click on the VM bundle (in Finder) and choose "Show package contents". config.pvs is inside VM bundle.

11. YogeshKK

YogeshKK Bit poster

Thanks Stuw!

you made my day! it worked.

Happy camper again .....

12. MidvalleyU

MidvalleyU Bit poster

parallels 1498050 report is in stopping mode only...help

13. MidvalleyU

MidvalleyU Bit poster

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

14. MidvalleyU

MidvalleyU Bit poster

NO Help?

Need to work and it is good at all that i am not abel to get any info from you guys.
    it is a simlpe parallels desktop 7 that will help me work and it is not working at all.
    no emails or reply.....?

15. Stuw

Hi

Problem report with id 1498050 is from Parallels Desktop 5 (5.0.9220.531002). Could you please reinstall parallels desktop 7 and try your case once again ?

16. MacPRO2

MacPRO2 Bit poster

My problem is same with YogeshKK ! Go to "Show Package" but here not there config.pvs or pro_vm_app ! ID 416
    What to do ?

17. Stuw

Hi

Please send us a problem report (Help -> Report a Problem).
    Btw, what is "ID 416" ?

18. zesta Jakarta

zesta Jakarta Bit poster

hello sir.
    i'd found config.pvs , can guide me step by step how to ? -> edit VM's config.pvs and set SafeMode (and UndoDisks, if it's value is 1) value to 0.
    <UndoDisks>0</UndoDisks>
    <SafeMode>0</SafeMode>

i'd sent a problem report with the ID number 23502911 for your further references.

p/s : for those who still didn't know to find config.pvs i found another way which is right click on " my boot camp " press show original ("My Boot Camp.pvm " will come out), n then right click on "My Boot Camp.pvm", click "show package contents", n then there we go config.pvs

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  19. Stuw

Right click on config.pvs -> Open With -> TextEdit, then replace incorrect values and save changes.