After upgrading to PD9 I have to click everything multiple times..

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JoacimB, Aug 30, 2013.

1. JoacimB

JoacimB Junior Member

Doesn't seem to trigger on the first click, or like input lag. Click once, nothing happens. Click twice, something might happen. Click more then twice something does happen…

Running on ML with PD Build 9.0.23036 and W8 with all updates. Yes, Parallel Tools are updated.

Any ideas?

2. can you pls make a problem report to sort the problem out (Help -> Report a Problem) and post obtained number here.

3. Fabio deDO

Fabio deDO Bit poster

Hello, I have the same problem
    It seems that windows continuously "loose" and "find" mouse and keyboard
    looking in Windows Control Panel/Hardware, Virtual Bluetooth controller, virtual keyboard, and printer continuously appear and disappear
    Never happened with first version of Parallels 9 downloaded, problem appeared with first version update

4. adri8n

adri8n Bit poster

Same problem here, Windows 8 guest and PD9.

report ID: 28166516

5. FabioA

FabioA Bit poster

Same here: PD9 with Windows 7.

Report ID: 28168759

6. Lobo599

Lobo599 Bit poster

Same here...
    It seems that windows continuously "loose" and "find" mouse
    looking in Windows Control Panel/Hardware, with accompanying
    irritating "do-doop" sound.........................

7. JoacimB

JoacimB Junior Member

Done!
    The number: 28205755

Hope this can be sorted swiftly, as the PD9 is unusable as it is now.

I can also confirm that the "Virtual Mouse" vanishes and appears, in regular intervals of every 10s or so. Disappears for 1-2s and then rinse and repeat… Can't see that the keyboard vanishes though.
    I see it here: Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Devices and Printers

I have a Apple USB keyboard and a Magic Mouse

mouse0.png mouse1.png

8. Gawied

Gawied Junior Member

I can also confirm "Virtual Mouse" vanishes and appears, in regular intervals of every 10s or so. Disappears for 1-2s and then rise and repeat…

Very annoying ding-dong sound from Windows as it enumerates and disconnects every 10 seconds!!!

Unfortunately I need to have my sound on for other stuff :-(. Any other quick work around in the mean time?

9. FabioA

FabioA Bit poster

Windows not only loses the mouse, but also the whole system hangs for a few seconds while enumerates devices. PD9 is completely useless to me until it is resolved.

10. hardcode

hardcode Bit poster

I have exactly the same issue, Virtual Mouse comes and goes along with the USB connect/disconnect "bing bongs". Please resolve ASAP or advise how I can downgrade to Parallels 8.

11. Gawied

Gawied Junior Member

Share your sentiments, I downgraded to PD8 in the mean while!

12. hardcode

hardcode Bit poster

Denis Lunev of Parallels has a work-around in the Windows Guest OS section ("Parallels 9 "Human Interface Devices" constant device disconnect/rediscovery"):

we were able to reproduce the problem locally in our lab.

The following boot flag helps us to avoid this issue and at least for one customer coming through support chain: devices.usb.ehc=0

The flag should be set in Virtual Machine -> Configuration -> Hardware -> Boot Order -> Boot flags

We are working hard on the issue right now. Sorry for inconvenience and thank you for patience.

Seems to work for me, let's hope the next version fixes this (race condition for USB2 devices apparently) and the fact I can't get Parallels Access to NOT start up automatically.

13. FabioA

FabioA Bit poster

This WA worked for me. Thanks a lot. Let's wait for final fix.

BTW, is there any impact using "devices.usb.ehc=0" flag???

thx

14. hardcode

hardcode Bit poster

As I understand it the work-around disables USB2 leaving USB1 and USB3 active, so it may cause a degradation in USB performance if you're using version 2. It isn't bothering me though. A LOT less than the incessant "bing bong" of Windows getting confused over the Virtual Mouse!

15. Lobo59

Lobo59 Bit poster

Work Around works for me. I get the ding dong sound once or twice when starting the virtual machine then all is well. Looking forward to update.

Lobo

16. JoacimB

JoacimB Junior Member

I'm running my Boot Camp partition in PD9 and the above workaround seems to have solved it for me as well.

But there's still the issue with not having USB2 support.

17. GeoffreyZ

GeoffreyZ Member

Parallels, please advise when an update has been released to PD9. I can wait before installing and am currently restricting my Windows 7 x64 use to Boot Camp (OS X Mavericks DP7).

18. Robert Strauss

Robert Strauss Bit poster

Ditto. Multiple clicks required. Annoying intermittent delay after mouse click and sometimes key press. Critical flaw. Makes version unusable. Old version was great. Doesn't anyone test this stuff???