Parallels Drains battery to 0% while mac is in supposed to be in "sleep" mode

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by MatthewWill, Apr 28, 2014.

1. MatthewWill

MatthewWill Bit poster

This has gone on for months and I am sick and tired of it. Searches only reveal people asking questions on battery drain during use. My issue is that when I step away from computer, OR even close my lid to put my macbook air to sleep, if I forgot to shut off parallels I come back to a warm and completely drained Macbook air. I am not just inconvenienced, I am worried of the longtime impact this has on my battery. This has occurred at least 20+ times to date because I cant remember to shut dow parallels every time.

Running Macbook Air 13"
    with Parallels Desltop 8 and Windows 8.

Can someone please help on what i need to do? Is this a known bug?

2. Abdul@Parallels

Abdul@Parallels Parallels Support

3. MatthewWill

MatthewWill Bit poster

ID:

Thanks!

4. Abdul@Parallels

Thank you Matthew for your quick response. Please check your private messages.

5. moawad

moawad Bit poster

I have the exact same problem, and I agree this is really frustrating. Is there a fix yet??

6. Abdul@Parallels

Hi moawad,

Please generate a Problem Report ID as suggested at http://kb.parallels.com/9058 and reply us the Problem Report ID.

7. moawad

moawad Bit poster

Hi Abdul,

Report ID: 43147398

Thanks!

8. Abdul@Parallels

Thank you moawad for generating the problem report id, please check your private message.

9. SaltyBigJim

SaltyBigJim Bit poster

Same problem

10. Maheesh@Parallels

Maheesh@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Thank you for generating the problem report id, please check your private message.

11. bjroot

bjroot Bit poster

Same problem

12. dev.null

dev.null Bit poster

Hi, I'm also experiencing the same problem and have submitted a report, ID# 43843442.

Thanks in advance for any help!

13. Maheesh@Parallels

Maheesh@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hello bjroot,dev.null

Thank you for generating the problem report id, please check your private message.

14. MarcoD82

MarcoD82 Bit poster

Hi, same issue:

15. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi MarcoD82

Thank you for generating the problem report id, Please Follow the steps provided below:

1. Optimize the power options for Virtual Machine: Go to VM Configure (http://kb.parallels.com/117287) > Options > Optimization > Power. Please set this option to "Longer battery life" and restart your Mac.

2. Change the PowerNap feature setting on Mac : Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu > Click Energy Saver > Click the Battery tab and then uncheck the option "Enable Power Nap while on battery power".

16. EugeneBogdanov

EugeneBogdanov Bit poster

I have exactly the same issue - battery drains overnight. It definitely has something with PD9 - I installed clean system from scratch, sleep was working normally; I installed PD9 and sleep started malfunctioning. Report ID 44622638. I hope this helps fixing the issue. Thanks.

17. Simmobil

Simmobil Bit poster

same problem
    Report ID 45008234

18. LarryG11

LarryG11 Bit poster

I've done the Energy Saver suggestion above and the change in parallels about optimizing battery. Didn't work...Same problem: My report ID is 45392640

19. WardJeff

WardJeff Bit poster

Same here, report id 45458619. Something has definitely happened in the past few days to cause this as it was working just fine before, and now it isn't. No Mac updates have been applied recently but plenty of Windows 7 updates have been applied automatically in the past week...could be something going wrong in there perhaps? I can't see why changing the optimisation/energy saver options (as suggested above) should make any difference as those config. options haven't been touched, ever, yet the problem has suddenly started happening.

20. Jagstyle

Jagstyle Bit poster

I'm having the same issues as described above. Close the lid to my macbook air and come back to a drained battery. Also, anyone have internet connectivity issues with MS Outlook? When I open my MBA, it instantly has internet connection but for some reason, anything related to exchange server in Outlook via Parallels 9 requires quite a bit of time to reconnect.