"Your Product Activation Key Reached Its Activation Limit..."

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Gamesurgeon, May 14, 2014.

1. DanielleG

DanielleG Bit poster

I'm having the same problem. I have changed laptops and would like to be able to use Parallels Desktop on my new laptop. The old laptop was wiped before I sold it, but there was no way to deactivate the software on the old machine.

2. Abdul@Parallels

Abdul@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi DanielleG,

Please check your Private messages.

3. KeithDelong

KeithDelong Bit poster

Does anyone know the answer to this problem? I just got my iMac back with a new drive and parallels says I've reached my activation limit.

4. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

5. Maheesh@Parallels

Maheesh@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hi KeithDelong,

Please check your private message.

6. Maheesh@Parallels

Hi Kingfisher88,

7. WestKyA

WestKyA Bit poster

I am copying a message from above and would like to know the solution to deactivate from my old laptop which will not be used anymore and to use the same activation key on another computer.
    Hello Iv bought a new MacBook and want to transfer Parralles to it. The old computer will not be used with parrallels anymore.
    The registration on the new computer fails because the activation limit is reached.
    On the old computer I do not find a possibility to free the registration.
    How can I transfer the registration?
    I keep seeing the response as, Details have been sent to you in a private message. I hope this is the solution.

Thanks
    Dr. Abrams

8. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

9. PragmaticPraxis

PragmaticPraxis Bit poster

As (unfortunately) anticipated, my MacBook failed to boot last week, so no chance to relinquish the license. So I took it to Apple, they fixed it, and in the meantime I did a restore from TimeMachine to the loaner machine, which never asked for a license, so I didn't think to relinquish that one. Now I have my machine back, the loaner has been wiped, and my machine won't run because I have reached the activation limit. Hoping someone from Parallels can get back to me soon, because I desperately need to catch up on some work tonight.

Thanks!
    Gordon

10. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi Gordon,

11. PragmaticPraxis

PragmaticPraxis Bit poster

Ram,
    I am curious if you got my two PMs. Because the PM interface claims that I have no sent messages, even after sending three, to to you and one to Maheeshwar.

Thanks,
    Gordon

12. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi Gordon,

13. DaleSpy

DaleSpy Bit poster

I have a new Mac and followed the instructions to remove Parallels from my old machine, I'm now getting the over the limit comment as well. Can I get a reset please.

DS

14. Maheesh@Parallels

Hello DaleSpy,

15. ToBeLikeTree

ToBeLikeTree Bit poster

Chalk me up as another user with the same problem of running into an activation limit. I've migrated to a new machine after the old one has been put to pasture. I'm pretty sure I have two full licenses that are no longer accessible. I need a reset of I'm sorry to say my long history with Parallels is over and I'm headed to VMware where their license agreements are more friendly especially to developer / QA testers like myself. This problem by the way was never a problem in the past and if is now activations are going to run in the future it's nothing but a huge hassle for legitimate users who are not trying to game the system and are just in need of a simple reinstall for whatever reason (s

M~

16. Maheesh@Parallels

Hello ToBeLikeTree,

17. Shan Huang

Shan Huang Bit poster

I'm having the same problem. I have changed laptops and would like to be able to use Parallels Desktop on my new laptop. The old laptop was died totally, there was no way to deactivate the software on the old machine.

18. Maheesh@Parallels

Hello Shan Huang,

19. MilesTEG

MilesTEG Member

Hello,
    I have the exact same problem.
    I usually reinstall all my system when an update of OSX is released, and I have to uninstall parallels to try to solve some troubles with my virtual machine (and when I canot update without unsitalling all files...)

Thanks for your help.
    Pierrick

20. Reploo

Reploo Bit poster

Hi

I had an activated working installation of Parallels 9 in my old late 2010 MacBook Air - bought the license in September last year.
    I uninstalled Parallels 9 in the MBA and actually wiped the disk. Replaced MBA with a MBPr last weekend and now when installing Parallels 9 in MBPr I get the error message that I have reached the activation limit of my license.
    Can you assist please ASAP - it is my working laptop. I can provide the activation key and previous product ID (from the MBA activated working installation) on a private message.

Cheers,
    David

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014