Windows 10 Problem

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by megabyte, Jul 28, 2015.

1. megabyte

megabyte Bit poster

Hello. I have Macbook Pro running Parallels v 10.2.2. Right now, I have Windows 7 installed and have reserved a copy of Windows 10. I happened to click on the Get Windows 10 icon on my menu bar and it showed that there is a problem with updating to Windows 10 on this Mac. The error says that 'This PC can't run Windows 10. It doesn't meet system requirements.' Then it says About Your PC. Here's why Windows 10 can't be installed on this PC.
    Parallels Display Adapter (WDDM). The display manufacturer hasn't made your display compatible with Windows 10. Check with the manufacturer for support.
    Is there a fix for this.

Thanks.

2. Best Answer
    Guys, and what about this KB? Did you try it?

DerzuO and Louis_Palardy like this.
  3. lukaszG

lukaszG Bit poster

I have the same problem with Windows 8.1 on Macbook Pro running Parallels v 10.2.2 (29105).

4. Guys, we're currently working on the resolution of this issue with our Development Team.
    In order to investigate issue further, please generate Problem Report using this article and provide us with the PR 8-digit ID number

5. FabioC2

FabioC2 Bit poster

Hello Maria,

Already generated a Problem Report about this issue. Hope the team resolves before 29Th.

Kind regards

6. HumbertoL

HumbertoL Junior Member

7. megabyte

megabyte Bit poster

I have created a problem report concerning this issue. The ticket id is 2138081.

Thanks.

8. JohnW5

JohnW5 Bit poster

I have also created a problem report for this: 70473137.
    Hope this is fixed soon. I'm looking forward to Windows 10.

9. Rob3

Rob3 Bit poster

It seems like this would be a universal problem for anyone trying to upgrade, but here is my problem report 70480953.
    Was really hoping to be able to upgrade day 1 :(

10. JimC2

JimC2 Member

Same here, when trying to upgrade 8.1 to Windows 10. Parallels Display Adapter (WDDM) The display manufacturer hasn't made your display compatible with Windows 10. Check with the manufacturer for support. Bit disappointed that this hasn't been sorted for Windows 10 launch day. :-( report is 70538201

11. PeterL3

PeterL3 Bit poster

Same issue for me. Trying to upgrade to Windows 10. "Parallels Display Adapter (WDDM) The display manufacturer hasn't made your display compatible with Windows 10. Check with the manufacturer for support."
    Submitted Problem Report: ID 70547974

12. schalliol

schalliol Member

I too am having the same problem getting Win10 to install. Since there are a few who submitted reports, I'm just hanging back on this one to see what the resolution is

13. StephenR3

StephenR3 Bit poster

Add me to the list with this problem. Odd that it let me reserve the copy of Windows 10, but didn't throw up an error message until I tried to do the actual upgrade. Microsoft is shifting the blame to Parallels saying to check with the device manufacturer for a solution. From what I've read, Parallels is blaming MS for not including the driver in the upgrade software. It seems like this should have been picked up before the roll-out.

Report ID: 70557143

14. MitchP49

MitchP49 Bit poster

Totally unacceptable. The folks at Parallels did not anticipate this being an issue? Windows 10 release has been planned for months. Just finding out about it after the release? Unbelievable!

JamesS2, 44franktn and FabioC2 like this.
  15. ChrisR3

ChrisR3 Bit poster

Maybe, just maybe, the folks at Windows shipped a final version that was significantly different than the developer builds, and at midnight they were not available to make the necessary changes required to get it running for us unlucky few. Maybe, just maybe, you should let them do their work and show some fortitude and patience.

16. RichardB3

RichardB3 Bit poster

Problem report 70559914 , same issue. Was Windows 10 a big surprise for Parallels or what?

17. FabioC2

FabioC2 Bit poster

Totally agree with MitchP49. Unacceptable. Just paid for Parallels 10 upgrade to find out I'll have to wait for the Development Team work it out with Microsoft. So amateur!!!

18. 44franktn

44franktn Junior Member

Agreed. Preview edition out for months and not ready for launch date?

19. AdrianM1

AdrianM1 Bit poster

To try things out, I downloaded the Win10 ISO file, and launched it from my Win8.1 VM. It did install, update and activate properly, although it didn't keep my programs (Moved them to C:\Windows.old). I also had to reinstall Parallels Tools, but mostly everything else seems to be fine. Not smooth, but at least was able to run Win10 today. I needed it for work. If anybody wants to try this, I would recommend backing up your image and/or creating a snapshot first.

20. JimC2

JimC2 Member

21. JamesS2

JamesS2 Bit poster

This is an absolute disgrace.
    Agree this is a joke, they have even locked down their Facebook page so you can't make any comments ! Used Parallels for years and thinking of jumping to VM, not impressed!