PD11: Disable "Free Up Disk Space" notifications?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by DoniK, Oct 15, 2015.

1. DoniK

DoniK Hunter

PD 11.0.2, but issue occurred in earlier PD11 builds too.
    Every few days I keep receiving a banner notification: "Free Up Disk Space: Parallels Desktop can free up xx.x GB of disk space on your Mac." How can I disable these notifications? I don't want to disable all OS X notification banners for PD, just these. I have no interest in ever using the free disk space wizard to reclaim disk space, and none of my VMs have real-time virtual disk optimization enabled. These notifications are just an annoyance.
    Thanks, D

Screen Shot 2015-10-15 at 5.37.02 AM.png

2. Please check this KB

3. DoniK

DoniK Hunter

That KB tells me nothing about how to turn this off. This is an OS X banner notification, not one of your ads where I can click "don't show again". How do I disable this without turning off all OS X notifications for PD?

HakanL likes this.
  4. HakanL

HakanL Bit poster

I have the same issue, almost 3 years later in PD13. I have exchanged multiple messages with Parallels support and even a remote session. They don't seem to be able to even understand that I just want to turn off the notification, so for anybody in the future who would like to disable the notification, sorry, it seems that you're out of luck.

5. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello HakanL. As you were informed by our Tier-2 team, there is, as of now, no possibility to disable the appearance of the pop-up notification "Free Up Disk Space" without disabling all OSX notifications for Parallels Desktop altogether. This issue has been forwarded to the Product Management Team as a feature request. This is expected to be addressed in a future build of Parallels Desktop. Thank you for your patience and consideration.

6. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello DoniK. Kindly refer to my information above.

7. HakanL

HakanL Bit poster

Yes, it took about 6 different support reps and a handful of diagnostics captures with remote control before they could finally tell me that the popup is hard coded and a feature request has been opened. I'm glad that it's being looked at, but it's annoying that it took so long before someone understood the issue.