Help. Can`t create new connection.

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for Mac' started by Alexey2, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Alexey2

Alexey2 Bit poster

Hi!
    In Parallels Client on MAC 10.11 last updates version 15.0.3730 I can`t create more than one connection to server with the same IP or domain name evan if I insert different connection ports. Program show the error screen with "Server name is busy".
    How can I fix it? Please help!

2. Grant.dryden

Grant.dryden Bit poster

Hi Morevalar

I have seen this as well, however not all is lost, this happens on windows based computers. Windows will only let you save the one set of credentials per domain/server name. It seems that 2x have followed suit. There is a way around this but is does require some extra set-up to your DNS/ Network.

Most of our Domain DNS entries are set-up to accept anything before the domain name so server.com and user1.server.com can resolve to the same IP address. This is set-up with and A record of * that points to the correct IP Address.

There are 2 ways to get around this if you point directly to the IP address,
    1) set-up specific entries in your host file, however this would need to be set-up on every computer and re-setup if you reinstall.
    or
    2) you may need to get Remote Desktop managing software that would allow you to save multiple set-ups to the same domain/IP .

I will not mention any here however a quick Google search will point you in the correct direction.

3. sergin

sergin Bit poster

I have the same problem. Any solution?

4. Alexey2

Alexey2 Bit poster

I'm using Mac OS... Still waiting for fix solution! Admins, anyone? Please..

5. Hi, did you try this KB?
    Let us know the results please.

6. SiennaS

SiennaS Bit poster

Hey!
    I have tried it yesterday. Still no effect at all. I tried to open my blog to write an article, but it still has no connection :(:(:(

7. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

You need to specify an alias for each connection to the same server. This will allow to save it in the list of available connections: Also check this article for more info.