Parallels desktop 11 and Directx 11

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by DominusNox, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Sylvester@Parallels

Sylvester@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello HyacHarbor,
    Thank you for sharing the correct one!

2. DavidT6

DavidT6 Bit poster

Another vote for DirectX 11, for Rise of the Tomb Raider, which is only available for PC right now, and requires DirectX 11

3. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hi @DavidT6, thanks for posting! Your message is forwarded to the concern team.

4. Lachlan_Lacey

Lachlan_Lacey Bit poster

Well it's been eight months since the question, does Parallels support DX11, was asked. I assume it's not going to be implemented in the near future due to technical difficulties beyond your control, as no details have been given. Unfortunately, due to this my next upgrade will not include Parallels, I will just go back to Bootcamp or try a competing product. Thanks for your efforts Parallels, I hope this issue is fixed for you as soon as possible, I have simply run out of time waiting.

5. Keith1

Keith1 Bit poster

I too along with several of my co workers have no intention to continue to use Parallels. Several in the office have already discontinued using and have shared this along with other negative aspects about the support and the DX11 issues to potential users. Their lack of intent shows very poorly about their product and support. Why would anyone be willing to purchase a product that does not respond to their support site or give updated.

6. MarcoV4

MarcoV4 Bit poster

This is the second time I listen to you, this is the last time I will spend 50 euros for negligence. It has been years, we paid you for a service that you don't provide. I will spend better my money next time, and by the way you will see my review very soon.

7. Arunn

Arunn Parallels Support

Hi All, Parallels Desktop for Mac supports video cards with DirectX 10.1
    DirectX 11 is not supported by Parallels Desktop for Mac at present, but our development team is constantly working to bring this feature soon in the upcoming version. Kindly subscribe our newsletter to be notified.

8. MarcoV4

MarcoV4 Bit poster

No! Do you think I'm bluffing? I spent over 100 euros buying the 2 version of parallels I have (9,11). YOU ARE GIVING THE SAME ANSWER AS 2013! FOR WHAT DID I PAY?

9. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi MarcoV4, we always appreciate your feedback and I will your comments with our Development team.

10. SteveC6

SteveC6 Bit poster

Firstly, I have believed Parallels ability to give me Windows "on-the-fly" on all of my Macs to be great!! -- I have recently needed to upgrade some of our business software (landscape design software to be specific) due to increased need for this service from our clients. The rendering of the walkthrough videos require DirectX 11 ... I have several Parallels for Mac licenses (ver 9, 10, 11 & Pro Subscription) ... I am really surprised by this thread and the lack of such support. I will need to make a few business decisions with this in mind ... I need DirectX11 support.

11. Sasti@Parallels

Sasti@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello SteveC6,
    We understand your concern here. Though the current version of Parallels Desktop does not support DirectX 11, our Development team is working towards a possibility to support DirectX 11 in future versions of Parallels Desktop. You could subscribe to our newsletter to get the updates.

12. JenniferS2

JenniferS2 Bit poster

If Parallels 11 does not support DirectX 11 then it is still antiquated and not worth upgrading to. DirectX 11 has been out for several years now and all the latest games require it. It's time you put your money where your mouth is Parallels and actually make this happen.

13. marcel1

marcel1 Bit poster

Pretty funny to see that everyone who works for parallels just says that they forward the messages....and this yeah since years. However i don't see anything happen at all. I mostly think that this is a fault by the business team that is holding the peeps back or a bad fact would be that they don't have the people to make it work(skill wise). Like others said the focus should be set to things that people want and not extras that no one needs....like Elon Musk said before "Pay attention to negative feedback and solicit it, particularly from friends. Hardly anyone does that, and it's incredibly helpful."

14. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Guys, I would like to let you know that we have already involved our Development in this case and they are currently working on the resolution.

15. GianfrancoI

GianfrancoI Bit poster

Is there a date?
    Is an important thing, it makes no sense to have Windows for mac users.
    Implement DirectX 11 is essential, that you have many years to date in Parallels, and for a long time people have made this request.
    I always bought parallels waiting for this update but it never comes, but I do not do it again.

16. imacken

imacken Hunter

This really is a farce! One year after this thread started, and around 10 Parallels support team replies all saying - this is a top priority, our team working hard, subscribe to newsletter, etc.
    PD 12 announced today and still no sign of DX11!
    What has it been, 7 years since DX11 was released? Pathetic!

GianfrancoI likes this.
  17. GianfrancoI

GianfrancoI Bit poster

Incredible! In parallels Desktop 12 will be not the dx11? ????????!!!!!! stop with parallels desktop!

18. JohannP

JohannP Bit poster

As long as Parallels Desktop 12 has no DirectX 11, I will update NONE of my licenses, because Desktop 10 and 11 have all other things I need. DirectX 11 is the only thing I urgent need.

19. Adonsa

Adonsa Junior Member

Hi JohannP,
    Thanks for waking up this message thread.

2 compelling reasons for Parallels with Directx 11.

1. A few months ago, I had to have shoulder surgery. The medical imaging software used ran on DirectX11 on a Pee Cee. How do I know this? I stood right there, in pain, watching. They could have used a Mac with Parallels, but .... ohhhh noooooo, no DirectX11. So they're forever committed to IBM and Microsoft with no hope ever of going to a Mac with Parallels. Think they're willing to boot back and forth to Apple Boot Camp, no way! Medical Imaging software must deliver the highest possible resolution, and DirectX 10 and below won't do it. The only Mac solution that the medical community might accept is a Mac with Parallels and Directx11. I'm not just talking US, I'm talking worldwide medical community.

2. Gaming. End of October comes the greatest, the absolute Number-1 video game ever developed, Skyrim-Remastered. No Mac version, and, guess what, guys? Their PC version calls for Directx11.

Apple Computer engineers figured out how to make DirectX 11 work via Apple Boot Camp. Apple engineers are supposed to help their certified developers when necessary. The question becomes, why aren't Apple engineers assisting Parallels developers to bring DirectX-11?

This is tough-love. I love Parallels (minus the upgrade prices), and I'm compelled to post this out of love and respect for the hard work and accomplishments of Parallels personnel. This is all the sugar coating you're gonna get. You need to get Directx-11 off the dime, guys, make Apple engineers tell you how they did it with Boot Camp.

Thanks

MarkL8 likes this.
  20. JohannP

JohannP Bit poster

Adonsa, I agree by 100%. I need it for Character Creation with iClone 6 for creating real looking characters for some video projects. iClone 6 is only Windows and needs DirectX 11 and no version below ;-(