Upgraded to 12, get "Unable to connect to Mac '%1'" message

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by BenP2, Aug 22, 2016.

1. BenP2

BenP2 Bit poster

I just upgraded from 11 to 12 (Parallels Desktop), my activation key was accepted (green checkmark next to upgrade key), but pressing "Activate" button results in the message: " Unable to connect to the Mac "%1" " with the sub-message: "The SSL authentication failed. Try to connect to this Mac again." Subsequent tries result in same message. Help please?

Ben

phamtuanktdt likes this.
  2. Did you check the network connectivity on the Mac side?

3. LynnF1

LynnF1 Bit poster

I am having the same issue and my Mac is connected to the network. What other options do I have to fix this?

4. LynnF1

LynnF1 Bit poster

Attached is the error message I am receiving and I am connected to the network on my Mac

Attached Files:

5. Hi, check if there is any Antivirus installed on Mac OS X if so then try to disable it during the activation process and also check if there is any proxy enabled on your Mac network by following the steps from the article and let us know if that makes any changes.

6. RichardD10

RichardD10 Bit poster

I ma upgrading to 12 from 11 and the upgrade is hanging ...Verifying "ParallelsDesktop-12.0.2-41353"... It has stuck there for ages. What can be wrong?

7. RichardD10

RichardD10 Bit poster

Can I talk to somebody? I may not be in the right place to get support/solution/

8. Dinesh@Parallels

Dinesh@Parallels Guest

Hello @RichardD10
    We have created a support ticket # 2323316 and addressed your issue. Please review the correspondence and respond to it.

9. LynnF1

LynnF1 Bit poster

I do not have an antivirus running and the picture shows what it says in the Proxy. Do I need to remove the one in the list?

Attached Files:

10. phamtuanktdt

phamtuanktdt Bit poster

I had the same issue and I followed your instruction. Thank you

11. Dinesh@Parallels

Dinesh@Parallels Guest

Hello @phamtuanktdt ,
    Please connect the internet to a different network and check the behaviour.

12. LynnF1

LynnF1 Bit poster

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! That WORKED!!

13. Dinesh@Parallels

Dinesh@Parallels Guest

14. DenisC3

DenisC3 Bit poster

Hello I have the same problem. I am under Sierra 10.12.2 and I have tried to install Parallels Desktop Business 12.1.1-41491 without success. I have the following message: "unable to connect the Mac" 1. I have the same thing by disabling the antivirus and changing network . This version of Paralles Dekstop is compatible with the latest version of Sierra?
    Waiting for your reply. Thank you

15. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hello DenisC3, did you check the internet connectivity on Mac side? Parallels Desktop Business version 12.1.1- 41491 is compatible with Mac OS X Sierra.

16. DenisC3

DenisC3 Bit poster

Hello Paul, I do not have a network problem. everything is working. I do not see where she's the problem. an idea?

17. DenisC3

DenisC3 Bit poster

It's good, it works :). I used Onyx to do a great cleanup and especially the permissions.

18. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

Glad to hear that, Denis. We're here for you if you need us. Enjoy your day!

19. kristianmartin

kristianmartin Member

Also check that your date and time is correct. If it is set to auto, simply un-check and re-check. That should be enough.

Maria@Parallels likes this.