Parallels Desktop 8 and Yosemite Update

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Andrew@Parallels, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Andrew1

Andrew1 Bit poster

Don't use Parallels. Use VMWare Fusion. Any guest OS (those you list...except "Win 93" and "Win 96" lol) will work in Parallels or VMWare Fusion. The only difference is you won't have to continually pay for the software with VMWare, like you do with Parallels.

In terms of running multiple VMs simultaneously, if that's what you're asking, that mainly a function of your host machine's HW and how you have your hypervisor configured.

2. Donald_Tung

Donald_Tung Bit poster

hi there, i bought the parallels desktop 9 bundle but somehow i lost the email for licences..now 1password requires me to input licence again..can you please help?

3. Donald_Tung

Donald_Tung Bit poster

4. You may find more information about Parallels Desktop and Yosemite compatibility here

5. Findjammer

Findjammer Junior Member

So Maria are Parallels now admitted on that page that their marketing ploys were unfounded and that your test team got it wrong? Or was it your marketing department that got it wrong?

Just for completness and before the Parallels Scare Marketing kicks in.

I've tested Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac in El Capitan ... IT WORKS ...

6. Findjammer

Findjammer Junior Member

In fact I've just realised that the original thread I took part in has been commandeered and HIJACKED by Parallels themselves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sheesh what are you guys like?

7. Guys, we didn't mean that you cannot run the previous versions of Parallels with newest, but after the release we stopped support for the Parallels Desktop 8.
    Also we have the list of Parallels Desktop and Mac OS (host) compatibility and every version has been created for the new version of Mac OS.

8. EarlA

EarlA Bit poster

I am having the exact same issue with Parallels 12 any idea when a fix is coming.
    Thank you

9. Hey, please provide us with the screenshot of the issue and step-by-step description?

10. PrashantC

PrashantC Junior Member

i have beta version , thats cool. you helps me lot

11. ZahidK

ZahidK Bit poster

Ahh! Good Old Days!
    In too enjoyed using it in my those days, but things have changed completely. By the way, the recent Parallel is way smarter and good to use.
    Regards.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2019
    Maria@Parallels likes this.
  12. RamonaC

RamonaC Bit poster

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2019