Windows 10 Desktop Won't Sync/Refresh after Creators Update

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by BenjaminClaude, May 17, 2017.

1. BenjaminClaude

BenjaminClaude Bit poster

Hi community,

After updating my Windows 10 VM to the latest Creators Update, my desktop won't sync and refresh automatically. Right click on the desktop > Refresh works but I wish I could recover the automatic sync!

*I tried to uninstall / re-install parallels tools and Support over Fb Messenger has confirmed they were properly installed.
    *Shared Profile is on with Desktop folder ticked

Any help or ideas how to fix that? Thank you!
    PD Version 12.2.0 (41591)

2. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

Hello Benjamin, the desktop on Windows and Mac are not synced automatically right after some changes appeared. However, you may follow the below steps and keep us posted:
    1. Create a snapshot
    2. Press CMD+R to open run box.
    3. Type regedit and press enter.
    4. Navigate to the following registry key: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID or HKCR\Wow6432Node\CLSID\
    5. Here right-click on CLSID and select Find to search for dontrefresh. If you find it, and if it has a value set to 1, change its value to 0.

3. BenjaminClaude

BenjaminClaude Bit poster

Hello Swati, thank you for your assistance.
    Just for the note, for all these years using PD, I confirm desktop used to sync automatically without me having to make any modifications..
    I have followed your instructions and the search for dontrefresh value in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID does not return anything
    Should I try anything else ?