VS Studio freezes on Parallels 12 upon awakening from sleep

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Migueld1, Feb 15, 2017.

1. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Yes, @BoukeH That's great! Feel free to reach out anytime. We are here to help!

2. Dmitry@Parallels

Dmitry@Parallels Parallels Team

Indeed, this issue was fixed in the released update 12.2.1 (41615). Please update your installations.
    Update summary is here: http://kb.parallels.com/en/123410.

3. JamesS11

JamesS11 Bit poster

I have not experienced any problems in a while.

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Glad to hear that! Feel free to reach us anytime for support.

5. sivaramasundarD

sivaramasundarD Bit poster

Hi, is this update applicable for "Parallels desktop for Mac Business Edition" ?
    Auto updates doesn't seem to find 12.2.1 (41645)

6. Dmitry@Parallels

Hi @sivaramasundarD, we release updates for Parallels Desktop for Mac Business Edition several days after we release it to consumers, just to make sure that the update will not cause any major issues. Please subscribe to this KB to receive a notification once we release an update: http://kb.parallels.com/en/124112

7. DaveD2

DaveD2 Bit poster

I still experience this problem with 12.2.1 (41615).

8. LotharG

LotharG Bit poster

I am using parallel Version 13.3.0 (43321) and the problem of freezing Visual Studio 2017 has just arrived on my computer. It is really frustrating and I am wondering what I can do about it? Go back to 12.2.1 since I can read here that the problem was solve in this version? By the way, the VS2017 freezing happens also in normal work, not only after waking up from sleep. Any help would be appreciated. I am slowly loosing confidence: I have lost my entire windows partition recently after some windows update due to a parallels issues (that was maybe fixed in 13.3 - too late for me), I purchased an update of parallels to be on the safe side , installed Windows and everything from scratch on a VM....and now I am facing again a major problem so I spent hours in newsgroups .... that is so frustrating...

9. Dmitry@Parallels

Hi @LotharG, it's better to investigate this issue with our Support Team. I have created a support ticket for you, our team will contact you soon.

10. BarryB3

BarryB3 Bit poster

Having this problem too (not consistently), latest version of Parallels (14.1 Pro Edition), VS 2017. Launch VS 2017 Community Edition, load solution source files (not running the app, just loading source files) and entire VM hangs, have to force-quit the VM from Mac Activity Monitor. Only began happening in last two days. Sometimes entire Mac (including OSX) locks up. I have used VS extensively in Parallels for years with no problem until now. IMac Retina 5K (i5) with Mojave, 32GB RAM.