macOS 10.13 high Sierra Support

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by HeikoG1, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

Glad to hear that issue has been resolved. Please feel free to reach us anytime.

2. schalliol

schalliol Member

While I wouldn't call removing System Integrity Protection as resolved, I'm glad there's a workaround. Thanks!

Are we still limited to installing on HFS+ volumes, or will Parallels install on AFS now?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
    AlbertM2 likes this.
  3. EyanS

EyanS Bit poster

I Just installed High Sierra Developer Beta 4 and now all of a sudden, I have no network

Attached Files:

4. schalliol

schalliol Member

To be clear, it only affected Parallels, not Mac networking, correct?

5. EyanS

EyanS Bit poster

correct!

schalliol likes this.
  6. DanF6

DanF6 Bit poster

Thank you Ajith! Worked for me too.

7. EricH6

EricH6 Bit poster

worked for me too. parallels 12 with windows 10 working after upgrading OS to high sierra (not a VM with high sierra on it). networking works fine as well.

8. jeongjael

jeongjael Bit poster

as KenV54, i can't find Parallels phrase on Security & Privacy page. are there anybody knows how?
    "Open the macOS System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General and click "Allow" next to the phrase about "Parallels, Inc.".

9. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @jeongjael, please check out the instructions outlined in this article to fix the issue.

10. ParallelsU72

ParallelsU72 Bit poster

Honestly, disabling SIP is NOT A FIX! At best, it's a temporary workaround. How about a real fix? When will we see a Program Update that actually fixes the issue?

Schneppi likes this.
  11. robert.guerra

robert.guerra Bit poster

Agree that disabling a - key - security feature to allow Parallels to work isn't a "fix". The latest Little Snitch (4.0) also was experiencing the same issue, and within 1-2 days they issues an update. Would be great it Parallels could do the same..

https://www.obdev.at/products/littlesnitch/high-sierra-notes.html
    https://www.obdev.at/products/littlesnitch/releasenotes-nightly.html

Seems the issue has also be reported in the Apple developer forum. Further details here - https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/83174

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
    Schneppi likes this.
  12. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We suggest you to disable SIP until next High Sierra Update is available. When High Sierra is officially released Parallels Desktop 12 will support it.

13. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi @ParallelsU72, as many other software vendors, Parallels Team is working hard on the required tweaks to make sure you can run Parallels Desktop virtual machines on macOS High Sierra, as well as install macOS High Sierra in a virtual machine. As a temporary workaround, we would suggest you disable SIP until the official public release of macOS High Sierra.

14. Schneppi

Schneppi Bit poster

I'll go back to 12.2.0 - this one still works with High Sierra Beta 4 w/o disabling SIP :(

15. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi @Schneppi, are you sure? Could you please check and create a problem report ID and share it with us?

16. Schneppi

Schneppi Bit poster

I am sure. Ive tested it with 12.2.0 and 12.0 and both are not having the issue. I already had an open case and just sent in this info. :)

17. Chris22

Chris22 Bit poster

This is a problem. csrdisable disables ALL protection features. Based on my work with other desktop managers, we should be able to survive the beta while only disabling some of the features. Why does Parallels recommend disabling all of the protection? Can they tell us which specific features are problematic?
    http://stage.blog.binaryage.com/el-capitan-update/

Did you know we can help apple re-prioritize their work in fixing bugs? If you are having issues because of SIP, and hit a implementation issue, please tell your developers to share the Apple bugID on BugReport and an abstract of what the issue is. (post on developer.apple.com also) and let me know. That way I and every other developer can "submit duplicates" to help increase the priority of your ticket.
    http://bugreport.apple.com

Schneppi likes this.
  18. MikeL11

MikeL11 Bit poster

Confirmed on two different devices in my department:
    12.2.1 (41615) does not work on 10.13 Beta (17A315i)
    12.2.0 (41591) does work on 10.13 Beta (17A315i)

Schneppi likes this.
  19. MiguelL1

MiguelL1 Bit poster

20. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Alright! Thanks for the confirmation @Schneppi, we will check with the case internally and update you. Stay tuned for the next build:)