Parallels Desktop 13 and Boot Camp

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by chicagoseal, Sep 13, 2017.

1. chicagoseal

chicagoseal Bit poster

I have a Bootcamp Partition with Windows 10 installed. Parallels Tools Installation Agent will get to about 50% progress, and then I get a RunDLL error message which reads "There was a problem starting C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Parallels\Parallels Tools\ShellExtensions\SharedHostAppsShExt.dll is not a Valid Win32 application." I get a message to restart Windows and try again as well as to a link for solutions and a Reboot button. If I hit reboot, I'm just stuck in the same cycle.

2. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

3. vitalb

vitalb Parallels Developers

Hi, chicagoseal, could you please open your Bootcamp VM and make Report a problem as described here http://kb.parallels.com/eu/9058 ? If so send me Report ID here in post or in private message, please.

Could you please additionally check that mentioned SharedHostAppsShExt.dll file was not damaged? For this, start installation of Parallels Tools and wait for error message. Then, please, find the file in Windows Explorer, right click on the file and open 'Digital signature' Tab in Property window. Select Parallels signature and click Details. You should see string 'This digital signature is OK' at the bottom of General tab. Send me screenshot of these windows, too.
    Best regards,
    Vitaly

4. chicagoseal

chicagoseal Bit poster

Report ID is 215017133. I deleted the Bootcamp VM and tried reinstalling. I no longer receive the mentioned file error. I still cannot install Parallels Tools. I'm no longer in the loop. However, when I try to install Parallels Tools, I get the error message telling me to reboot. Also, there is a link to http://kb.parallels.com/111730. I've tried the suggested procedures with no luck. There was nothing corrupt using the DISM tool or the CHKDSK commands.

5. vitalb

Hi, chicagoseal,
    i see some problems with files stored by system. You are upgrading from Parallels Desktop 10.1.2.
    Could you please:
    1. Downgrade back to Parallels Desktop 10.1.2 (28859)
    2. Start VM, Install Parallels Tools of this version.
    3. Try to upgrade Parallels Desktop again.
    Please, report me if this works or doesn't. If not we will try another instructions.

6. chicagoseal

chicagoseal Bit poster

Will Parallels 10 work with MacOs Sierra?

7. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @chicagoseal ,

Parallels Desktop 10 is not compatible with Mac OS High Sierra, we would recommend you to install Parallels Desktop 13 which is fully compatible with Mac OS High Sierra.

Thanks

8. vitalb

Hi @chicagoseal ,
    i have sent you another technical instructions for your system in private message. I'll be waiting of your selection.