upgraded to parallels 13

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by KrisT1, Sep 28, 2017.

1. KrisT1

KrisT1 Junior Member

upgraded to parallels 13 and now in windows get a message "Windows can't find Mac"

say to contact system admin, thats me LOL and I am lost

I need to print items from program that is on the VM windows10 and can't due to lack of connection to MacBook and printer.
    thanks for any help provided

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  2. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @KrisT1 ,
    Please share a screenshot of the error message so that we can check and assist you.

Thanks

3. KrisT1

KrisT1 Junior Member

you will have to help me with this, every tool I have tried is not working because it wants to save, I am assuming to the Mac...... Which it will not connect.

4. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Hello @KrisT1, Please start Windows and click on Actions(On the Mac menu bar) > Reinstall Parallels Tools and check if this works. Thanks!

5. KrisT1

KrisT1 Junior Member

Done, no change

6. KrisT1

KrisT1 Junior Member

Any other ideas??

7. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Please let us know whether it is a network printer or USB printer. If it is a Network printer, please click on Two red lines(On the Mac menu bar) > Hardware > Network > Bridge(Default Network Adapter)Thanks!

8. KrisT1

KrisT1 Junior Member

It's not only just a print problem, but the VM can not connect to the Mac; files , printer, USB ports, can not copy paste anymore ( which I used everyday, between windows and Mac)
    Unfortunately this app/site doesn't allow me to take a photo and post/upload into this thread.:mad:
    Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 8.56.07 PM

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
  9. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We suggest you to completely uninstall Parallels Tools then reinstall it to resolve the issue.

KrisT1 likes this.
  10. KrisT1

KrisT1 Junior Member

This did the trick!! Thanks so much for link to article

11. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

You're welcome. Please get back to us for any further queries. Thanks!