Kubuntu network

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by fran, Sep 19, 2007.

1. fran

fran Bit poster

I have been unable to connect to the Macintosh Host using the network in Kubuntu. I am able to connect from Ubuntu.

Does anyone know how to connect from Kubuntu.

Thanks,

Fran

2. jazzdude9792

jazzdude9792 Member

Are you trying to connect to in internet in Kubuntu?

3. fran

fran Bit poster

Internet and local network

Yes, both the internet and a local network.

Thanks,

Fran

4. jazzdude9792

jazzdude9792 Member

If it works the same as it does in Ubuntu, then you need to set up a shared connection in the parallels set up and choose "wired connection" in Kubuntu. If all does well, it should work fine.

5. spammon

spammon Bit poster

Activate your network

This one bugged the C*** out of me. I had the same problem you did. I went through all the linux commands and the network configurator etc. It turned out to be alot simpler than that.

First make sure you are using "Shared networking" in Parallels.

Next, look down on the lower right hand corner and look for the network adapter. It is disabled by default. Right click it or double click it to "activate it". It's been awhile. It's similar to what you would do in Windows.

I know it sounds too simple but it was. Unfortunately, I went back to Gnome Ubuntu and deleted my VM. Otherwise I would show you a screen shot.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2007
  6. fran

fran Bit poster

Thanks for the help.

I have it working.

Thanks all for the help.

Fran

7. jeffreyclong

jeffreyclong Bit poster

Internet and network in Kubuntu

I'm running Kubuntu 8.04.1 under Parallels 3.0 build 5608

I am having the same problem being discussed here. However the given solution doesn't work. When I click the network adapter, it says "No active device"

When I go to "System settings> Network settings" it shows for available network interfaces "eth01 enabled ethernet network device." With a checkmark. However, the print is greyed out. There is nothing I can do to change anything in either place. I have played setting Parallels to "Shared networking" and en1:wireless (I'm trying to connect through the airport). Neither changes work.

I just installed the same version of ubuntu and it works there following the directions in this thread for how to do it. It just doesn't work with Kubuntu

8. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

What is ifconfig -a in Kubuntu