Parallels Desktop 13 upgrade issues

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Xabier, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Xabier

Xabier Junior Member

Hi,

Since upgrading to version 13, I am having daily issues with blank and/or blinking display, among with some sporadic frozen Parallels up when starting the up.

I submitted a technical report through the app, but didn't get any answer yet.

Thank you

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @Xabier , please try Actions > Reinstall Parallels Tools and check if that helps.

3. Xabier

Xabier Junior Member

Hi, I did, and didn't work.

4. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @Xabier If possible, please provide us the video recording of the issue (Blinking Display) you are facing. We are glad to assist you.

5. Xabier

Xabier Junior Member

Well, I couldn't record any video, but you can find attached a link (your file upload limit didn't allow me to attach the file) to a screenshot of a display error I suffer everyday, since I upgrade to 13.

https://snag.gy/6VSCF7.jpg

Regards

6. Xabier

Xabier Junior Member

Hi, any ideas about why is this happening?

Thank you

7. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Hello @Xabier, please follow the steps given below:

1.Shut down the virtual machine.
    2.Open the virtual machine configuration > switch to the Hardware tab > select the Video (Graphics) option in the left pane.
    3.In the right pane, increase the video memory to 768 MB. Check if this helps. Thanks, Meena.

8. Xabier

Xabier Junior Member

Well, 768 is not an option, it goes from 512 to 1GB (what I chose).

Will let you know if this makes the difference. VMachine Graphics Configuration.png

9. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

In the virtual machine configuration window , navigate to Hardware -> CPU & Memory and allocate 2 processors (or just 1 if the total number of available processors is just 2) and 2 GB of memory for Windows [or just 1 GB if total Mac memory is only 2 GB (or) 3 GB if total Mac memory is 8 GB (or) 4 GB if total Mac memory is > 8 GB]. Then, select 'Graphics' and allocate 1 GB of video memory for Windows. Finally, ensure that 'Vertical Synchronization' is enabled and 'DirectX 10' is selected for '3D Acceleration' under 'Advanced Settings'. Then, close the window and check for the issue.

10. Xabier

Xabier Junior Member

2 processor and 4GB were already selected, and, as you can see in the screenshot I attached to my previous post, Vertical Sync and Direct X too.

11. Arun@Parallels

Hi @Xabier , please create an empty virtual machine and map the existing hard disk and check. Please check this article.

12. Xabier

Xabier Junior Member

I did, will let you now if it worked.

13. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @Xabier, are you still having the issue? We are here to help!

14. Xabier

Xabier Junior Member

15. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

"Video artefacts when switching desktop spaces in full-Screen mode" We are aware of this issue. And our Development Team is working on. To increase the hard disk space on Windows virtual machine, please refer this article and see if this helps. Thanks!

16. Xabier

Xabier Junior Member

Hi, I increased the hard disk space, but keep getting the not enough memory message.

17. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Please follow as suggested at http://kb.parallels.com/123372 and check if this works. Thanks!

18. Xabier

Xabier Junior Member

It didn't work. I have 9GB of free space, disk size is not likely to be the issue.

19. Arun@Parallels

Hi @Xabier, do you get any error message while increasing hard disk space on your Mac?

20. Xabier

Xabier Junior Member

No, I don't