Full screen glitch

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by LorenzoR2, Sep 28, 2017.

1. LorenzoR2

LorenzoR2 Bit poster

Since I upgraded to High Sierra I have this glitch when switching from Mac to Win on full screen mode:

Im using Parallels 13 on a 2016 MacBook Pro.

Thanks
    L.

PS: Why did you delete my first post with no explanation? That's not correct...

AndreC4 likes this.
  2. ThomasI1

ThomasI1 Bit poster

I have the same Problem! Since High Sierra? I had the Problem with Paralles 10 so i have updated yesterday to Paralles 13 because i hopped that fix the Problem. But it did not! / Macbook Pro early 2013 with Tunderbolt Display.

What is the Problem?

Thanks!

3. Karim

Karim Bit poster

Same problem here, I hope an update comes soon to fix this.
    I have also noticed that when I updated a file inside the VM, and then switch to the mac, I cannot see this file under the "recent files" section in finder. This used to work perfectly before.

4. BenS6

BenS6 Bit poster

Same here with an Ubuntu 16.04 guest running in full screen. 10.13 with Parallels 13.0.1 on a 15" MBP (Mid-2015).

5. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @LorenzoR2 ,

We have an issue with Video artefacts when switching desktop spaces in Full-Screen mode.Our Engineering team is working on it for a fix. We do not have a workaround as of now. Please refer http://kb.parallels.com/123840 for known issues in Parallels Desktop 13 and subscribe to get updates.
    Thanks

LorenzoR2 likes this.
  6. Navitas

Navitas Bit poster

We have the same problem - but also when this happens and we switch back to the original screen we can no longer select any of the applications on that screen to use them - I have to go back to the dock to select the icon for the application to use it !!! Along the top of the screen (the menu part) it only ever shows the name of the Parallels VM (such as Windows 64bit) so it looks like my mouse gets 'locked' to Windows however as it is in a different 'space' then I can't select any of the windows in Mac as I would expect to.

Very disappointing once again :(

7. MaxP5

MaxP5 Bit poster

I have the problem full screen glitch, few days ago I migrated to High Sierra, and I had to updated to parallels 13. Nowadays I have a Macbook Pro 2015, 16gb Ram, 512 Ssd, Retina, and I have a VM based in Windows 10. I tried to solve the problem change memory video, used the options best for retina, or escalation, etc, without any good results. It's really annoying to me because a switching the screen a lot for my working. Please Mrs Parallels Stuff fix this problem soon.

8. Joao Guilherme

Joao Guilherme Bit poster

Same problem here, I hope an update comes soon to fix this.

9. HennieM

HennieM Bit poster

Same problem here. It is extremely frustrating and I am dreading the fact for updating. How was this missed during testing???

10. IgorB1

IgorB1 Bit poster

same problem here on High Sierra MacbookPro 2015, any updates when this will be fixed?

11. HennieM

HennieM Bit poster

I found a minor inconvenient workaround to get around this. Do the following:
    1. Place the parallels instance in full screen mode in its own space
    2. Open a blank note or finder window
    3. Split the space currently being used by the parallels instance with the blank note / finder window
    4. The video artefact is no longer present when flipping between spaces

This might be a guide as to what is causing the issue...

Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 18.53.02.png

12. MasriM

MasriM Bit poster

i am using parallel desktop 11 and same problem here. when can we expect the fix to be out? thank you.

13. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @HennieM , that you for sharing this with us. We appreciate your time and participation.

14. Arun@Parallels

Hi @MasriM , are you using Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac on Mac Os X High Sierra?

15. MasriM

MasriM Bit poster

Hi,

Yes, i am using Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac on Mac Os X High Sierra.

16. Arun@Parallels

Hi @MasriM , Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac is not compatible with Mac Os X High Sierra. Please purchase the upgrade to Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac and check if that works.

17. HennieM

HennieM Bit poster

@Arun@Parallels
    Please see further up in the post where I have stated I have Parallels Desktop 13 and High Sierra and it is not working on my PC. I still have this random video artefacts. I have now seen it is on my Windows and Ubuntu virtual machines.

18. FlavioG

FlavioG Bit poster

Same problem here. High Sierra and Parallels 13. Any news about that?

19. Arun@Parallels

Hi @HennieM , yes, we are aware of this issue. We have already forwarded the request to the Engineering team and we will let you know once we have an update regarding this. Thanks!

20. JohannB2

JohannB2 Bit poster

Hello support,

in http://kb.parallels.com/123840 is this problem listed:
    Issue: Video artefacts when switching desktop spaces in Full Screen mode.
    Workaround: Will be fixed in the upcoming macOS update

Today I installed macO 10.13.1 and hoped that the problem is solved. But it still exists. Will there come a new update from parallels?

Johann