Mac OS Fullscreen mode flicker

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by PeterHe, Oct 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. PeterHe

PeterHe Bit poster

As of Parallels 13 it would seem something got broken again...
    When using VMs in Mac OS fullscreen mode switching between them ora any other applications causes the parallels window
    to exhibit a flickering like vertical blinds. This is mostly an anoyance as display redraw goes back to normal after switch.
    If you have many apps running in fullscreen Switching past a Parallels window becomes somewhat irritating.
    The "bug" as i would call it was not addressed in the first update released...

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @PeterHe, we released a new major update Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac Update 1 (13.1.0-43108) and this update addresses this issue. To check for updates, click on the Parallels Desktop menu on Mac menu bar and select Check for Updates: http://kb.parallels.com/124262

3. PeterHe

PeterHe Bit poster

Hi!
    Unfortunately I already have this update installed!
    So the problem still remains!

/Peter

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi @PeterHe, please reproduce the issue and send us problem report and post its id here. For this open Parallels Desktop, in its Mac app menu go to Help -> Send Technical Data.

5. AlexanderZ5

AlexanderZ5 Bit poster

This issues happen to my mac and my coworker mac as well, I just upgrade my parallels to 13 and mac to high sierra. and that flickering switching between full screen happen.
    Please fix the issues, I kind like regret upgrading to broken parallels.

RikD likes this.
  6. AdrianV1

AdrianV1 Bit poster

Hi,
    I have the same problem; I encountered the issue only after installing the new OS X High Sierra. My software version is 12. What should I do? I uploaded a video in which you can see the issue:

7. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi @AlexanderZ5, please reproduce the issue and send us the problem report and post the id here.
    For this open Parallels Desktop, in its Mac app menu go to Help -> Send Technical Data.

8. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi @AdrianV1, have you tried Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac? If not, please click on this link and check out the issue.

9. RikD

RikD Bit poster

I have the same problem with High Sierra and Parallels 13. I use Windows 10 Enterprise 1607 (without Fall Creators update). The ID of the problem report is 222519918

10. MichaelW27

MichaelW27 Bit poster

Hi,
    I do have the same flickering problems as shown in the video above. I'm using OS High Sierra and Parallels 12. Problem came up since updating to High Sierra. Please let me know what to do because it's very uncomfortable.
    Thank you very much!
    Michael

11. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi @RikD, thank you for the report ID! Our Engineering team is working on it and we will try our best to address these in one of the upcoming updates.

12. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi @MichaelW27, please collect a fresh Problem Report:
    1. Control-click/tap using two fingers on Parallels Desktop icon in Dock > Help > Send Technical Data.
    2. Wait for the Problem Report to be generated.
    3. On the appeared Problem Report window please write a short problem description (scenario) and enter your contact information (name and email address) - then click Send Report.
    4. Reply us back with 9-digit Problem Report ID.

13. MichaelW27

MichaelW27 Bit poster

Hi Paul,
    Thanks for your reply. My Report ID is 223077462.
    BR Michael

14. AdrianV1

AdrianV1 Bit poster

I upgraded the software and the issue was solved. Thank you.

15. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @AdrianV1 , glad to know it is resolved.
    Thanks

16. ChrisL12

ChrisL12 Bit poster

As of Parallels version 13.2.0 (43213) and High Sierra version 10.13.1 (17B48), this problem has NOT been resolved. I am still experiencing this issue on a daily basis.

17. DavidB22

DavidB22 Member

I'm the same as ChrisL12, I have the latest Parallels version (13.2.0 43213) and High Sierra 10.13.1 and also have the vertical window blinds effect when switching screens.

18. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi @ChrisL12, can you please send us a problem report collected right after the error and a splash screen (Help menu > Send Technical Data...)? This will help us significantly, please reply me back with the report ID number.

19. LucasW3

LucasW3 Bit poster

It seems disabling 3D acceleration in the graphics section of the VM configuration fixed it for me. Not sure if this has any unwanted side-effects though...

20. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi @LucasW3, glad your issue has been fixed by disabling 3D acceleration in the Graphics section. It won't affect any other process.