How do I disable Windows 10 OneDrive?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by jpkirchner, Jan 4, 2017.

1. jpkirchner

jpkirchner Bit poster

I have not signed up for Windows OneDrive, but a OneDrive virtual disk now shows up on my Mac's desktop anyway, and I think this feature of Windows 10 is causing problems in other programs on my Mac.

So how do I disable Windows OneDrive in my virtual machine? I have looked up the instructions for doing it on the Microsoft support site, but they don't work.

Can anyone tell me how to disable it?

2. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

Hello, please follow the below steps and keep us updated on your progress:
    1. Start Parallels Desktop (Do not start Windows Virtual Machine )
    2. Open Virtual Machine"s configuration -> Options -> Sharing -> Share Windows -> Uncheck share OneDrive with Mac

3. ColinH2

ColinH2 Member

Having turned off the share with Mac option, how do I delete the four OneDrive volumes? Each one says zero bytes, but privelages are set to Custom. I think that Parallels is creating a new one each time after a Parallels crash.

4. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

Hello Colin, could you please share few screenshot?

5. ColinH2

ColinH2 Member

They wouldn't have been very exciting screenshots, just my internal HD and four copies of OneDrive. I have done restarts since I saw those, and now can't see them again. If they reappear I'll send a picture.

6. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @ColinH2 , sure. Please let us know if the issue happens again. We will check and help you out.

7. TravisM3

TravisM3 Junior Member

I believe this is also what I need help with.
    What I'm trying to accomplish is launching the Mac version of OneDrive but the link used keeps launching the OneDrive within Windows. I have followed the steps above however it continues to launch Parallels-Windows-OneDrive.

I am trying to sync SharePoint Folders with the Mac. It requires you to login to SharePoint and click the Sync button. This is the link/button that continues to launch OD within Windows.
    Here is the article. It's at the bottom.
    Sync SharePoint with Mac using new OneDrive Sync

Please advise.

8. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi TravisM3. Please confirm if you've observed the steps quoted below already suggested in this thread:

9. TravisM3

TravisM3 Junior Member

Sorry I was not clear. Yes. Absolutely

10. Hemnath@Parallels

Are those steps being done when Windows is not running and Parallels Desktop is quit? If yes, then please open the virtual machine configuration window (without necessarily starting Windows), navigate to Options -> Web & Email and select 'Open in Mac' for both 'Web pages' and 'Email'. Then, close the window, quit Parallels Desktop and check for the issue.

11. TravisM3

TravisM3 Junior Member

Followed these steps. Unfortunately it still launches OneDrive in Windows when I click on the Sync Button within Sharepoint.

upload_2017-11-14_12-46-18.png

12. TravisM3

TravisM3 Junior Member

I have completely uninstalled OneDrive from Windows and it is still trying to launch that version.

upload_2017-11-15_14-25-54.png

13. Hemnath@Parallels

This requires a deeper investigation. We have created a support ticket for you and sent you an e-mail. Please check it and revert. Thanks!

14. ThomasH25

ThomasH25 Bit poster

You can add me also to the list. I have exactly the same issue.

15. TravisM3

TravisM3 Junior Member

This was resolved for me. Talk about feeling like an idiot and your typical tech support call. :) As soon as I got a call from support, it worked perfectly. What I didn't realize is that a couple days prior I had done a windows update and completely rebooted the parallels, the windows OS and had completely shutdown the Mac and restarted it. Hadn't tried the sync since. :-(

So, had I listened to my own advise "did you reboot?", it would have been resolved. LOL

16. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are glad that issue is resolved. You can reply to our email or share it here if you have any issues.

17. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Are you facing this issue after any Windows update? Do you have a Standalone virtual machine or a Bootcamp based?

18. ThomasH25

ThomasH25 Bit poster

I am not aware of any Windows updates that have been installed lately. I have this issue on a standalone VM (not Bootcamp).

19. KeithL2

KeithL2 Bit poster

I am having same issue. Followed steps above, rebooting computer and it still opens Parallels. I have not tried to uninstall onedrive from Parallels, how do I do that? Not sure how it got there in the first place, I do not use onedrive in windows.

20. GillesH

GillesH Bit poster

Ok, this is a bit of an old thread but there it goes... As a workaround I found that disabling Windows application sharing with the Mac allows me to sync the Sharepoint library with the Mac's Onedrive App. Once it opens it, I can enable Windows application sharing with the Mac again.