Missing dock icon when running application from network drive

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by IvanJ2, Jan 19, 2018.

Tags:
  1. IvanJ2

IvanJ2 Bit poster

When I run a program (any exe file) from a network drive the program does not show up in the dock and I cannot switch to the program using Cmd+Tab. If I copy the exe file to the local drive inside the VM it works correctly. I am using Parallels 13.2.0 and I think the problem started with the latest update.

Does anyone else have the same problem or is it just me?

2. IvanJ2

IvanJ2 Bit poster

It is weird but the problem has disappeared for no apparent reason. I can no longer reproduce it and there has been no updates to Parallels.

3. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

4. IvanJ2

IvanJ2 Bit poster

The article talks about adding installed programs to the LaunchPad. However I was having problems with running programs, e.g. an installer, not showing in the dock. This meant that if another program was in front of it, I could not get the installer to the front. I had to minimize every other program.
    However the problem disappeared after about a week without any reason. I didn't do anything to fix it.

5. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

In case the issue re-occurs, please generate a Problem Report ID while the problem is evident on the screen and reply with the report ID number. We'll then investigate.

6. IvanJ2

IvanJ2 Bit poster

The problem has returned. I have sent a Problem Report with ID 239412176.

7. IvanJ2

IvanJ2 Bit poster

The problem report was generated while the program Graph.exe was running from the network drive mapped to the home directory on the Mac partition. However the icon for Graph.exe was not shown in the dock and it was also not shown when pressing Cmd+Tab.