Administrator Password?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by NathanD5, Mar 1, 2018.

1. NathanD5

NathanD5 Bit poster

Hello All, I can not find my administrator password to begin installation. Does anyone know how to reset this?
    Thanks,

Nate

2. Hi NathanD5. If you are referring to the Mac admin password, please refer this article to reset the password of a macOS user account.

3. OscarP1

OscarP1 Bit poster

Hello. I have just installed Parallels on my mac. It self installed Windows 10, and since the first use it asks for user credentials. What user and password am I supossed to use? Thanks a lot in advance!!

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @OscarP1, it should be the Mac login credentials. If the issue persists, please go to Help menu of Parallels Desktop application and send us the technical data report via Send Technical Data... menu item? Then, post the number here.

5. OscarP1

OscarP1 Bit poster

Thank you @PaulChris@Parallels . The number is 257577535. I have noticed also that before going into the credentials screen, there is a "Your count is disabled. Contact your system administrator" message.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  6. OscarP1

OscarP1 Bit poster

Hello @PaulChris@Parallels ! I have posted the number as required, but still I have not received a solution from you. Would you please tell me anything further I should do?

7. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

To help us understand the issue better, please take a screenshot of it (refer to http://bit.ly/2pSJ1AZ for assistance) and reply with the same.

8. SeanJ3

SeanJ3 Bit poster

This is happening to me on multiple computers. Every time Parallels is opened, ie reboot of Mac. it ask for administrator username/password. I input that information and it works fine, but the users have to call me daily to remote in and enter that. Make it stop please :)

9. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @SeanJ3, Our Development team is currently investigating this issue. Additionally, subscribe to this article to be notified of the released update in the product.

10. RockerDown

RockerDown Bit poster

Not sure how so many people can be so wrong or not understand the question...
    The answer is... there is no password. Just click next or enter or whatever the window says with nothing in the data field.

11. ChristianT7

ChristianT7 Bit poster

@RockerDown is spot on:

When you install Windows 10 or 11 in Parallels, your Mac username is used in Windows, too -- but the password is actually empty.

Today I Windows 11 greeted me with a prompt: Password expired. Leave the "Current Password" field empty. (Windows actually tries to help you here because this field isn't in focus; the focus is on the new password field.)

12. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hi, after giving new password, are you able to log in to your Windows 11?

13. ChristianT7

ChristianT7 Bit poster

By default, I now have to enter the password. I didn't research how to auto-login, yet, like on macOS.

14. abccC2

abccC2 Junior Member

OK so I followed the instructions given by Parallels in a help article to create a new password when Windows 11 prompted for one (leaving the username blank). Now after restarting and at login the "username" is filled out with the Mac User Name. I was able to login using that password which I'd created (luckily could still remember it!). However I'd really like to get rid of the Mac User Name because it's my real name and don't see why Windows (with all the things it can get up to, broadcasting on networks etc.) should have that. What do I need to do to change the User Name on Windows 11/Parallels?