Windows Update needs more space

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by KarlB7, Aug 5, 2018.

1. KarlB7

KarlB7 Bit poster

Parallels 11.2.3
    macOS High-Sierra
    Windows 10

I've spent the last 7 hours reading and trying to solve this problem without luck.
    Parallels configuration shows 200GB expanding disk. File size of the PVM is 69.17GB. Update consistently fails claiming it needs more space to download updates. I have a 3TB HD that has 1.75TB available. I do not partition the disk.

When I look at Windows storage it shows 174GB of the 200GB as System & reserved. I keep all files on my Mac so there is very little other space used - less than 20GB. There is nothing more that I can eliminate for additional space.

Should I be doing something else in sizing the HD? I'm reluctant to "reset" windows without a better understanding of

I only use the Windows machine for limited functions - not a daily occurrence so there are a lot of updates needed. It seems that the ones failing are the "Feature Updates". The cumulative updates, after many tries, seem to have successfully installed.

I've tried "all" of the ideas in this Installation and Configuration section on this subject (none that have to do with partitioning).

Anybody have thoughts?

Thanks in advance for your help.

JoeF6 likes this.
  2. Hi KarlB7. Please type < diskmgmt.msc > in the start search to open the Disk Management window. Take a screenshot and reply with the same.

3. KarlB7

KarlB7 Bit poster

Thanks for your response. Here is the screenshot.

Attached Files:

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

From the screenshot, we can see that a healthy recovery partition has occupied more space. Refer to the article and resolve the issue. Make sure you have a backup before attempting the steps given in the article.

5. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi KarlB7, we are glad to hear that the issue is resolved. Feel free to reach out to us anytime for support.