Unable to connect to the Mac "%1".

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by KarljurgenF, Aug 19, 2018.

1. KarljurgenF

KarljurgenF Bit poster

My old MacBook Pro has died and I've got a new one.

My subscription was renewed just today, so following various instructions I found on the Parallels site, I've downloaded a new version, I enter my "primary key" and get a green checkmark. But when I try to activate, I get this error message.

I've searched older threads and yes I do have network capability (the fact that I'm posting here shows that anyway) and all the proxy settings for wireless connection (which is what I'm using) are indeed turned off as recommended.

I'm not getting anywhere. I have migrated my .pvm files and clicking on them gets me into the same problem....

How do I resolve this, please?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2018
  2. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello KarljurgenF. Thanks for reaching out. We're working on this issue at present. Although there is no ETA, we will fix this as soon as possible. Apologies for the inconvenience.

3. ScottyN

ScottyN Bit poster

Hemnath@Parallels I'm having the EXACT same problem and I don't know how to fix this! I just purchased an upgrade key from your website. After entering it, I get the green checkmark but when I try to hit ACTIVATE, I receive the same error message. I have disabled all firewalls, I have no anti-virus applications running and I even switched to 2 different networks to see if that was the issue. Nothing I have tried is working. Obviously, this is extremely frustrating because I have spent good money - and I expect your service to work. I was very happy with your previous versions but I was forced to upgrade, and my previous version is no longer compatible with my current OS. Parallels, please sort this out and provide a solution, so I can use this software. Thank you.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
  4. ScottyN

ScottyN Bit poster

Hemnath@Parallels Thank you very much for your prompt action in rectifying this issue. I was just able to successfully activate all of my Parallels products. Many thanks!

5. tgilles

tgilles Bit poster

I'm having the same issue.. please fix. I cannot use Parallels now.

6. TJH

TJH Bit poster

Im also having the same issue - just bought 13 to upgrade my system and now stuck on this. Was able to go back to 11, I depend on Parallels and use it daily.

Is there anything to do but wait?

thanks,
    Timothy

7. SteffenM2

SteffenM2 Bit poster

Same issue here, please you need to fix this asap...

8. JeffT5

JeffT5 Bit poster

I have the same problem too. I've even tried the older version for parallels 13 but the same error message came up!

9. KarljurgenF

KarljurgenF Bit poster

Well, good to know it's not at my end. However, I use this to teach classes which will start as of Sep 5 so I hope that "no ETA" doesn't mean a long wait.... I need time to develop the material before then!

K

10. KarljurgenF

KarljurgenF Bit poster

Right, seems to have worked now! License moved!

11. JoshF1

JoshF1 Bit poster

Do you have any ETA yet?

12. Caitlin

Caitlin Bit poster

I'm having the same problem. I'm a student so I got this through my college but I'm getting the same error message when I enter the activation code. I'm working off the free trial now and I need this program to do my class work so I need to figure this out before the trail ends. Any thoughts or advice? Thanks

13. Hemnath@Parallels

Glad to note that it is sorted out! Please get back to us for any further queries.

14. Hemnath@Parallels

Hi ScottyN. You're welcome! Please reach out again if you have any other concerns.

15. Hemnath@Parallels

Folks, please quit Parallels Desktop now, launch it again and re-attempt the activation. It should work now. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

16. TJH

TJH Bit poster

Yup - that worked. Thanks for sorting that out.
    T.

17. Hemnath@Parallels

Hello TJH. Good to know it works for you. Please post again for any other queries.