Unable to process the upgrade request

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by TucoRiley, Sep 30, 2018.

1. TucoRiley

TucoRiley Junior Member

For the past month or two I get the above message once a day. I am running OSX High Sierra, with Windows 10 as a virtual machine. My version of parallels is 11.2.3.
    Any ideas why or how to get rid of this message?

Thank You

S__7 likes this.
  2. Hi TucoRiley. Please provide the screenshot of the error message to check and assist further.

3. TucoRiley

TucoRiley Junior Member

Thanks for the reply. I just received the message again. I happens once a day I believe. The message pops up over top of any program or windows desktop I am running at the time.

Attached Files:

4. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @TucoRiley , Parallels Desktop 11 for mac is not compatible with High Sierra. Please install Parallels Desktop 14 for mac trial ( https://kb.parallels.com/124227 ) and check if that resolves this issue.

5. TucoRiley

TucoRiley Junior Member

My version of parallels worked fine with Sierra and High Sierra for quite some time. This is a new message. In all other aspects Parallels and High sierra work without a hitch. I do not want to pay for an upgrade to get rid of an annoying message that is having no impact on my files or programs I am running. There has to be an easy simpler way to get rid of a software upgrade notice that obviously only is looking for more revenue while having no extra benefit to the software I am running?

S__7 likes this.
  6. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Please click on the Parallels Desktop icon in the Mac menu bar on the top (it looks like 2 red lines), navigate to Preferences -> General, set 'Check for updates:' to 'Never' and close that window. Quit Parallels Desktop now and launch it again.

7. TucoRiley

TucoRiley Junior Member

Good Day;
    I did as you suggested, still occurred the following day. Shut down parallels, restarted, still happening once a day. Check for updates shows never in "preferences/General/check for updates/"

8. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello TucoRiley, To help us understand the issue better, please take a screenshot of it which shows the ' never ' option is checked in (refer to http://bit.ly/2pSJ1AZ for assistance) and reply with the same.

9. TucoRiley

TucoRiley Junior Member

Here it is

Attached Files:

10. Hemnath@Parallels

The next time the error message appears, generate a Technical Data Report while the error message is being displayed (very important) and reply with the report ID number. We'll then investigate.

11. TucoRiley

TucoRiley Junior Member

ID number 279729140

12. Hemnath@Parallels

Thanks. We will get back to you on this at the earliest.

13. TucoRiley

TucoRiley Junior Member

Good Day;

It has been ten days. I am wondering wha if anything you have found?

Thanks

14. Hemnath@Parallels

Sorry for the delay. We'll get back to you on this asap. Thank you for your patience.

15. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @TucoRiley , thank you for your patience. Please execute the following command in Terminal.app to fix this: defaults write "com.parallels.Parallels Desktop" "ProductPromo.ForcePromoOff" -bool yes