can't seem to increase my system drive (C:) space

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by mikec17, Oct 9, 2018.

1. mikec17

mikec17 Bit poster

Context: create VM using the 'import from bootcamp' feature. The bootcamp partition was created at 90G, and quickly became almost full (10% free at time of import). So now that I have this new VM, I want to increase the system drive size. The VM is set up to auto expand, but that doesn't seem to address the system drive size, so if I try and install a large program it will say I don't have enough disk space. I tried doing some of the actions I found in previous forum posts and in support articles, but none seemed to change the system drive size. When I bring up the control center for this VM and go to hard disk and then advanced/p;roperties, it shows the disk size as 466G, so that is clearly including all the unused drive space on my Mac OS partition, but that doesn't help me. I tried using the windows Diskpart command to 'extend filesystem' (posted in previous support article/post), but that didn't help. Is it even going to be possible for me to increase my system, BOOTCAMP (C:), drive? And if so, how?
    Thank you very much for the help,
    Mike

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @mikec17 , please try Actions > Take snapshot . Once it is done, please download Mini partition tool inside Windows virtual machine and try extending the volume and check if that helps.

3. JoelH1

JoelH1 Member

Where is the "mini partition tool" to be found?