Unable to activate after renewal

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by zhao1, Oct 12, 2018.

1. zhao1

zhao1 Bit poster

Hi, my PD renewed itself automatically yesterday. However, when I restarted my mac and opened PD, it asked me to activate my PD. The activation just failed as it said "You have entered an upgrade key. Please confirm it with a key from the previous version." But I only have one key in my account so I repeated that key in the second line. Then I have prompt like the attached file.

I have tried to re-log in my PD account and then activate again, but it does not help.

Attached Files:

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @zhao1, I believe helped you activating Parallels Desktop Pro Upgrade on the phone session. Please let us know if you still have any issue in activating the license and we can help in a personal message.

3. LORENZO6

LORENZO6 Bit poster

Hello - I have this very same problem - I have tried countless times to activate my subscription, I cannot find a key from the previous version. When I go to the documents 'details' next to 'invoices' on my account to look back, I either get the new, same key again or it is blank IE there is no key written. Could you help me in this also? Thanks in advance.

4. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @LORENZO6 , the license key which you are trying to activate now, was it activated anytime previously?

5. LORENZO6

LORENZO6 Bit poster

Hello Arun thanks for your message. No I don't think so - when I am asked to enter my activation key (upgrade key) this is accepted on the activate parallels welcome screen. It then asks me for a key from the previous version, and produces a new line for me to enter this, but I cannot locate key this in my online account when looking at my purchase history, despite having bought the software a few years ago.

6. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Do you have any other Parallels account other than the current account?

7. LORENZO6

LORENZO6 Bit poster

No just the one account. I do have an expired subscription which expired 16/08/2018.

8. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @LORENZO6, please check your private message and reply us!