Not able to type some characters on slovak keyboard. Missing keyboard layout for Slovak.

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by PavolK, Oct 5, 2018.

1. PavolK

PavolK Bit poster

I am unable to type some of the characters in your parallels Windows desktop. Key mapping of slovak keyboard is not the same as in MacOs. For many languages you have created special parallels keyboards layouts (with suffix "(Apple) - Parallels ") what solve it, but not for slovak language. For example I am not able to type " ' " (apostrophe mark). Instead of this I get " ß " character. Please can you create also parallels for slovak keyboard layout, or give me any help how can I remap the keyboard to be able to type these characters? Thanks.

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @PavolK , please click here and go through the document and check if that works.

3. PavolK

PavolK Bit poster

Hello, I am sorry, I tried it. but it doesn't work. When I am using Slovak keyboard I got always instead " ' " (apostrophe) sign " ß " (german "scharfes S" or "beta sign" ). Apostrophe sign is very important for me, because I have to use it very often.

B.r.
    Pavol

4. Arun@Parallels

Hi @PavolK , please go to Configure > Hardware > Keyboard & mouse > Keyboard > Set it to "Do not optimize for games" and check if that helps.

5. PavolK

PavolK Bit poster

Hello, I had already chosen this parameter "Do not optimize for games". So it has to be something else.

6. Arun@Parallels

Hi @PavolK , please follow the steps suggested in the article and check if that works.

7. Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  8. Matej1

Matej1 Bit poster

Hello, did anyone figure out how to solve the problem? I have czech keyboard and czech MacOS and I'm not able to write apostrophe in Windows 10 as a slovak user above.
    In MacOS I type an apostrophe using the right option key + § but in Windows with same shorcut it types ß. Why?

9. Hello, did you check this KB article?

10. Matej1

Matej1 Bit poster

Hi, I am sorry, but the article is from 2015 on the operating systems Windows XP and Vista. There is no such setting in Windows 10. Thank you for your understanding and for the new guide to this issue.

11. Sorry my bad.
    Please check this out

12. Matej1

Matej1 Bit poster

Hello, thank you. I set it up using the instructions. It solved this issue, but the another issue arose. I can't now write accented uppercase letters via CapsLock (e. g.: + Ě Š Č Ř Ž Ý Á Í É). In MacOS it works. Do you have a solution, please?

13. Hello, what is your Parallels Desktop version? Did you try to reinstall Parallels Tools and check the issue?