MacOS 10.13 wants to install and won't go further

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by DinsyP, Nov 9, 2018.

1. DinsyP

DinsyP Member

Hi People,

Had created a MacOS 10.13 VM from the Parallels set of MacOS installs. Been working fine, but today produces an installation error and gives me only an option of shutdown or restart. Something in the recent update?

Andrw

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @DinsyP , please help us with the exact error message. IF possible, please help us with screenshots.

3. DinsyP

DinsyP Member

Hi Arun,

Here is a screen shot of the final screen.

Attached Files:

4. Arun@Parallels

Hi, please let us know the version of Parallels Desktop for mac and your host OS you have installed on your mac.

5. DinsyP

DinsyP Member

Parallels 14.01 on Mojave 10.14

6. Please click on the Parallels Desktop icon in the Mac menu bar on the top (it looks like 2 red lines) and select 'Control Center', take a screenshot of the window and reply with the same. Also, provide the file size of the macOS virtual machine.

7. DinsyP

DinsyP Member

Control Centre attached. File size is 21.07Gb

Attached Files:

8. Arun@Parallels

Hi @DinsyP , please click here and check if that helps.

9. DinsyP

DinsyP Member

I want to keep 10.13 on that VM sorry. Might trash and reinstall.

10. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Hi,
    Are you installing from VM with pointing VM Create Wizard to "macOS Install.app"? This kind of errors occurs when Install.app is corrupted, for example incorrectly copied from another disk; this issue is that there are some symbolic links in Install.app and they becomes corrupted if incorrectly copied.

11. DinsyP

DinsyP Member

I'm not actually trying to install. I had installed from the Recovery Partition option in Parallels and run the VM several times, but when I recently tried to run the VM, i got the install error.

12. DinsyP

DinsyP Member

And really weird, I started the VM and when asked to restart because the installer wouldn't work, the VM actually started correctly. Was even able to update the OS. Crossing fingers that this good behaviour continues.

13. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello DinsyP! Perfect, We are glad to hear that the issue is resolved. please check with the performance and if the issue reoccurs then generate a Technical Report ID (refer to http://bit.ly/1lUhbwK for assistance) while the issue occurs/the error message is being displayed (very important) and reply with the report ID number. We'll then investigate.