[in progress] OpenGL 3 Support (list of app titles and their status inside)

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac Feature Suggestions' started by Docent, Apr 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. alev

alev Parallels Team

OK! We will take a look.

BTW, it has installer for macOS on the downloads page. Did you try it?

2. KennethE1

KennethE1 Bit poster

After upgrading from DIALux EVO 7 to DIALux EVO 8 it is no longer working.

3. Dmitry@Parallels

Dmitry@Parallels Parallels Team

Hi @KennethE1, can you please share more details about this issue? Were you able to fix it by reinstalling DIALux EVO 8?
    if you have this issue yet, can you please send us a technical data report collected after reproducing the issue? Go to Help menu > Send Technical Data...
    Please post the report ID here. Thank you!

4. KennethE1

KennethE1 Bit poster

ID 286124202

Re-installing did not solve the problem.
    I appreciate your response - Thanks!

5. Dmitry@Parallels

Thank you for the report. Looks like you're running Parallels Desktop 13, and you need to upgrade to the latest version to get it working. See this page for more details: https://www.parallels.com/desktop-upgrade/

After the upgrade you need to enable the new graphics feature manually, please see this KB article: https://kb.parallels.com/en/124575

KennethE1 likes this.
  6. GRay

GRay Bit poster

Open GL fail for DelftShip free version , as it has for OH so many years now.
    Adverts said Parallels would now run DelftShip.
    Found tech note about manual reset/adjust of graphics memory to 'AUTO' but I found no 'AUTO' option in my Win10 Graphics Config in Parallels ??
    . . . .
    running:: 2015 MacBook, 16GB Ram , Mohave 10.14.2 , Parallels 14 w/ new toolbox, Win 10 pro 'latest/all updates' , DelftShip latest version . . . .

UPDATE : : : : : !!!!
    Win 7 pro runs DelftShip and 'OpenGL Extensions Viewer 5.1 reports OpenGL_3.?=>Win7 //// OpenGL_1.1=>Win10.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
  7. KennethE1

KennethE1 Bit poster

I can report back that upgrading to Parallels 14 solved the problem. Dialux Evo is running super smooth, and is by far the best update that you have made! Well done!

Dmitry@Parallels likes this.
  8. Dmitry@Parallels

Hi @GRay, can you please reinstall Parallels Tools again in Windows 10 (Actions menu > Reinstall Parallels Tools), after a reboot shutdown Windows 10 and check if Auto option is available in VM config. If not, please send us a technical data report collected after reproducing the issue? Go to Help menu > Send Technical Data...
    Please post the report ID here. Thank you!

9. hanion

hanion Bit poster

Hello I have problem with running of Photocentric Studio software. It's slicer for my 3D printers. I bought Parallels only to run it. Could you help me with this?

Attached Files:

10. Dmitry@Parallels

Hi @hanion, can you please generate and send a technical report once you get this message? Go to Help menu > Send Technical Data... Please post the report ID here.
    By the way, what happens if you click OK and continue?

11. hanion

hanion Bit poster

Hello @Dmitry@Parallels. Report ID number is 286966565.
    When I click OK software starts but there is no view in 3D model window so I can't load and working on 3D models.

Attached Files:

12. Dmitry@Parallels

Thank you very much, I have reported with issue to Parallels Desktop Engineering, they will investigate.

13. hanion

hanion Bit poster

Thank you. If it could help you can download a 30-day demo of this software from here https://1drv.ms/u/s!Apak9aM4dJvJjYt3uz-LOKsYd-iJMg
    I also have information from the developer of this software that they have customer who using this software on Parallels.

14. WilliamR11

WilliamR11 Bit poster

Please add the following:

Pix4D
    CADZone

15. MatthiasZ1

MatthiasZ1

Please add Rhinoceros 6 (McNeel) to your list

16. janG3

janG3

i need open GL for CONDACAM 3.1

17. hanion

hanion Bit poster

Can I deactivate my Parallels license and sell it? Unfortunately I bought it for install only one software and I can't run it because of OpenGL problems. I don't have time for it and will try other solution.

18. NicoH1

NicoH1 Bit poster

ManuelM6 likes this.
  19. Manuel@cype

Manuel@cype Bit poster

CYPECAD and CYPE 3D currently use OpenGL 3.3 Core Profile and shading language version 330.

The 3.2 features required are:
    • GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex
    • GL_ARB_texture_multisample
    The 3.3 features required are:
    • GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location
    • GL_ARB_sampler_objects
    • GL_ARB_instanced_arrays

If this extensions where exposed, we could change the code to ask for a 3.2 context and retrieve them if available.

20. ManuelM6

ManuelM6 Bit poster

I Also need open GL3.3 for CYPECAD
    3 D displays doesn't work anymore with version 2019.f...
    Help
    http://www.cype.com/en/

Thanks!

NicoH1 likes this.